Talk

Advanced search

Blocked duct or something else?

(3 Posts)
dm1mum Tue 14-Dec-10 17:12:26

I am having a recurrent proble with BF on one side only. DS2 is 5 months and it has been happening more frequently over recent weeks.
When I start a feed on right my breast will go hard and lumpy during let down but whilst most of this softens quickly one area (above nipple) will stay hard and will feel tender (like engorged)throughout feed and afterwards. Even with masssge during feed and changes of latch it will not resolve and sometimes even if it does seem to improve within a couple of hours it will be hard and sore in this area again way before next feed due Is this a blocked duct? What can I do to stop it happening or fix it when it does? At the moment I just keep massaging during next feeds to try and get rid of lumps and finally it will seem to work but it can take a couple of days and I am paranoid about getting mastitis. I am fed up with this but was planning to feed longer - fed DS1 for 14 months never problems like this. Help!

whomovedmychocolate Tue 14-Dec-10 20:09:46

Sounds like a blocked duct. Feed only on that side for 24 hours using the rugby hold, this will clear it.

dm1mum Wed 15-Dec-10 10:22:26

Thanks will try ... is there anything I can do to stop the blocks from happening? Happened a couple of times up to 3 months - most recently every week to 10 days. Just when I feel better another one happens. Driving me mad!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: