Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Fuming!!! Have you seen this DM article??

(8 Posts)
KN1979 Thu 09-Dec-10 16:32:02

It serves me right for reading the DM website but I can't resist the celeb gossip sometimes... however, regardless of opinions I can't believe that the journalist had the bloody cheek to write:

"When Jonathan was three, Amanda, quite rightly, told him he was too old to breastfeed"

WHAT??? I admit I'm not really planning to BF my own child till he's 3 but I didn't realise there was a law against it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1336979/ Breastfeeding-year-old-tandem-newborn--horrifying- loving-bond.html#ixzz17dIFIT8a

Littlefish Thu 09-Dec-10 16:33:52

Breastfeeding-year-old-tandem-newborn--horrifying- loving-bond.html#ixzz17dIFIT8a

EauRudolph Thu 09-Dec-10 16:45:55

My DH just got back from the hairdresser and he read the article while he was waiting, I just shrugged when he told me about it. Natural term BF isn't for everyone, I wouldn't expect the DM to understand it or bother doing any research about it so an article that is the journalistic equivalent of someone pointing and saying 'ew' is no surprise.

KN1979 Thu 09-Dec-10 16:50:44

Just to clarify... when I said I'm not planning to bf till he's 3 I meant it as an admission that I'm not selfless enough, not because I think it's in anyway "ew" to do so... I realise that it might have read wrong, but I'm completely in awe of ladies who carry on as long as this!

EatingAngelPie Thu 09-Dec-10 16:50:45

a suprisingly positive article fron the DM when you get [past the headline.

EauRudolph Thu 09-Dec-10 16:58:33

Oh god, I just read the comments. Why did I read the comments?

blackcurrants Thu 09-Dec-10 17:10:03

lol @ EauRudolph - NEVER read the comments! Even the Guardian's comments section makes me cross-eyed with rage. Never read the comments!

mrsgordonfreeman Thu 09-Dec-10 23:24:15

Hey, look, though:

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1336990/Celi ne-Dion-debuts-miracle-twin-baby-boys-weeks-giving -birth.html

Celine Dion's breastfeeding her twins! Aww.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: