Talk

Advanced search

Switching formula

(8 Posts)
burps Wed 08-Dec-10 17:55:57

My 11 week old DD is on SMA. I can't help but feel it is bunging her up a wee bit. Has anyone else found this and what formula do they recommend? Aptimal seems to be the fav?

babyrose Wed 08-Dec-10 18:07:29

im using cow and gate, think they are quite good. my hv said she wouldnt recommend sma or hungry baby formulas.

babyrose Wed 08-Dec-10 18:07:29

im using cow and gate, think they are quite good. my hv said she wouldnt recommend sma or hungry baby formulas.

Seona1973 Wed 08-Dec-10 18:07:36

dd had SMA and ds had both aptamil and Cow and Gate

BertieBottlesOfMulledWine Wed 08-Dec-10 18:13:04

Different formulas suit different babies - there isn't a "best" one Try the one that they stock in your corner shop so you can get hold of it more easily!

wigglesrock Wed 08-Dec-10 18:36:46

I used SMA Gold for both dds and never had a "bunged up" issue grin I know a lot of mums who use Cow & Gate and like it, no-one I know uses Aptamil.

DaniJade1990 Thu 09-Dec-10 17:56:11

Hi burps, I had exactly the same problem with my dd, she was on sma gold and had terrible wind and seemed really bunged up. I switched her to aptamil and noticed a huge difference straight away! No harm in trying neither. Hope this helps.

theborrower Thu 09-Dec-10 19:24:59

We use SMA - didn't choose it, the doctors in hospital chose it for me (don't know why though). We don't have any problems though. I do always wonder how people choose their formula though - are they all sufficiently different? If so, what makes them different? And is there a good way to compare or is it a case of trying them out?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: