Talk

Advanced search

How do you stop breast feeding?

(6 Posts)
mrspear Wed 08-Dec-10 12:25:21

Really looking for advise on how to stop. DS is 13 months and i have had enough to be honest. I feel terrible for saying that but i just want to stop. I have no idea how, he is such a boob monster.

He has just awoke from nap, be back later.

Lotster Wed 08-Dec-10 14:25:44

I dropped a feed a week or so to allow boobs to adjust.

As mine were both only 5/6 months when I stopped, I started with the lunchtime feed as it gets replaced with lunch anyway, but you've probably already done that I'm guessing?

Probably best to ask how many feeds a day are you doing and when are they?

QueenofDreams Thu 09-Dec-10 02:35:42

I stopped pretty much cold turkey over the Christmas period last year. He had so much to distract him that he didn't really notice. I think he had about 2 feeds over that week, and no more since

tiredpooky Sat 11-Dec-10 12:47:14

my DD 18m still bf frequent, have a look at kellymom website and la leche league

MrsMcJnr Sat 11-Dec-10 23:08:43

I am in the same boat, DD is 18m and I really want to stop now for many reasons. She is very attached to me (literally) and has been a terrible sleeper so I am worried she'll get worse if I try to stop. I am really looking for a plan I guess!

RJandA Sun 12-Dec-10 11:10:29

It sounds odd MrsMcJnr but you might see an improvement in sleeping if you stop feeding at night - that's how it worked for us anyway. Theory is that they learn to settle themselves back to sleep when they stir at night instead of relying on you and your boobies. That's the theory anyway.

I posted on your thread too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now