Talk

Advanced search

Help! Advice on electric breast pump

(6 Posts)
comtessa Tue 07-Dec-10 16:11:14

Can anyone recommend a good electric breast pump? Having problems between colostrum and milk coming in. All advice gratefully received.

TruthSweet Tue 07-Dec-10 16:47:26

Have you tried hand expression ? How many days post partum are you?

sam12 Tue 07-Dec-10 16:50:50

The medela swing. I have used this from the birth of dd for 8 weeks for every feed and it's been brill and helped me build up a good supply

Joolyjoolyjoo Tue 07-Dec-10 16:52:37

I used the medela swing too- affordable and much much better than a hand pump, I found (I couldn't actually get anything out with a hand pump)

comtessa Tue 07-Dec-10 17:28:10

thanks. DD was born by c-section Sunday morning but at 11lbs 8oz she is a hungry baby and getting desperate as latch fine at first but now getting painful as she's working hard but not getting tummy-filling milk yet. topping up with smsll cup of FF after each feed now but now starting to dread each feed. Spoke to NCT counsellor who suggsted expressing into cup or spoon to ensure DD gets as much colostrum as possible but also to prevent sore/damaged nipples.

MadAboutQuavers Tue 07-Dec-10 17:36:45

I have the Tommy Tippee electric pump. 50 quid from Tesco and it's great - I had trouble with DS getting colostrum too before my milk came in.

Incidentally, I got nothing through either a hand pump or hand expression either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: