Talk

Advanced search

This is ok right? (And please don't hate me)

(10 Posts)
Zimm Sun 05-Dec-10 08:03:44

DD is EBF and four months old. She always been an excellent night sleeper - but last night she did a record 10.5 hours! (8.30 - 7.00)). Fed her one v full boob and bit of the other side (now up to express the remainder) and she's gone back to sleep. Will wake her at 9 for next feed.I'm just checking that it is ok for her to sleep so long? Wieght gain fine, nappies fine, alert etc.

StealthPolarBear Sun 05-Dec-10 08:05:35

yes at 4 months I'd say unless you have any other reason to be concerned then sleeping a long time is fine

envyenvyenvy

boogeek Sun 05-Dec-10 08:09:56

Nah, too late, sorry - I hate you
It's fine though!

VickstaS Sun 05-Dec-10 08:45:58

Another one with a good sleeper here. He is 14 weeks and 5/7 nights does 8.30 til 7.00. He then goes back to sleep from 8-9. The other two nights he wants a night feed for some reason. Weird!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-Dec-10 09:41:07

My sister was ebf and did this from 6 weeks. I was ff and didn't sleep through till I started school.

Enjoy it smile

GrizzlyMacDuff Sun 05-Dec-10 09:44:29

envy and yes it is fine. Never wake a sleeping baby i say! unless as already pointed out, you have other reasons to be concerned such as ill health, odd behaviour etc. Although, in my children, that kind of sleep is odd behaviour wink

Long may it continue.

Zimm Sun 05-Dec-10 10:00:02

Thanks all!

MoonUnitAlpha Sun 05-Dec-10 10:12:10

I've had probably three or four nights like that in the 4 months since ds was born - never repeated two nights in a row though grin

MumNWLondon Sun 05-Dec-10 16:26:41

Its fine BUT don't be too smug, DS2 slept every night 10pm-8am (always woke him for dream feed) - one Sunday morning he didn't wake until 9am! I proudly told all my friends!

He did this EVERY NIGHT from 8 weeks until 16 weeks and then started waking up in the night again, generally twice but sometimes more despite dreamfeed at 10 or even 11pm.

Continued this way (ie 2+ night wakings - generally at 2am and 5am) until weaned onto food and formula at 26 weeks. Offering formula at 10pm meant one night waking at 4am but he didn't sleep through until weaned.

He is now 7.5 months, has slept almost every night since weaning. He is just a good sleeper!

Zimm Mon 06-Dec-10 07:57:09

Yes - I am bracing myself for the famous sleep regression!

The flip side of the coin is she is a dreadful day napper - will not nap unless in the pram walking....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: