Talk

Advanced search

Noises while feeding

(6 Posts)
Dozeyland Sat 04-Dec-10 15:16:16

My DD makes a clicking noise when feeding sometimes, and also gulps. maybe this is because of fast let-down?

we're being treated for thrush, how long does it take to clear? maybe this is why shes a bit unsettled (plus i think growth spurt coming - 5weeks 3 days old)

no poo since sunday...

hmm

but with feeding, she still rarely falls asleep on the boob where she takes in a lot of air she doesn't want to sleep right away i guess. i normally feed until she gets a bit fussy (if) then burp, then feed then burp again unless she has fallen asleep on the boob.

how do you combine feeding & burping?

SherbetDibDab Sat 04-Dec-10 15:18:56

I think clicking can be a sign of tongue tie - if I've remembered that correctly.

MoonUnitAlpha Sat 04-Dec-10 15:32:43

I think clicking can be a sign of a few things - poor latch or a high palate? Or that there is a fast letdown. My ds clicked and gulped, just on one side, but he seems to have grown out of it now.

Thrush - it really depends. Have you both got symptoms? Are you both being treated? Think we had thrush for about 6 weeks, but we had to make several trips back to the doctor to get the right treatment.

vintageteacups Sat 04-Dec-10 15:32:56

Yep - clicking not good.

Just be aware that GP/HVs can sometimes diagnose thrush and treat for it when it isn't.

I would defo get dd referred ref. tongue tie and make sure they don't fob you off.

Check her position really carefully - could be why she's taking mroe air and you're getting pain/thrush symptoms.

tiktok Sat 04-Dec-10 15:42:47

Clicking doesn't have to mean anything.

If the baby is feeding well, thriving and happy, no need to do anything

Dozeyland Sat 04-Dec-10 16:35:46

Thriving well.last wight was 91st centile

She only clicks and gulps on my fuller boob (more milk faster let down ive found)

being treated with daktarin ..

Yeah i go to BFC once a week so will double check then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: