Talk

Advanced search

Teat size and mixed feeding-any thoughts?

(4 Posts)
mamma1mia Fri 03-Dec-10 09:12:56

Hi all I am currently formula feeding my 6 month old LO and bf first and last feeds of the day. I am currently using the closest to nature bottles with a medium flow teat. My question is do I need to switch teat type to the fast flow suitable for 6 months plus, or is there no need to switch tears. Will faster flow teats cause LO to get frustrated with bf? Thoughts very much appreciated

TheSugarPlumFairy Fri 03-Dec-10 20:27:30

i would only switch your lo up a teat if he is showing signs of being frustrated with the one you have him on now.

If he is taking forever to finish the bottle, getting grumpy halfway through or sucking so hard he is collapsing the teat then it might be worth considering but if not, he is probably just fine on the medium flow teat you are using.

HTH. smile

PartialToACupOfMilo Fri 03-Dec-10 22:23:23

I BF my 12 month old when I'm home - morning and bedtime everyday and during the day weekends and school holidays. When I'm at work (Mon-Fri term time) she has a bottle from CM or DH depending who she's with.

We've used the same size teats and the same milk since I went back to work when she was 6 months old and haven't changed anything. We chose to use first milk formula as I couldn't express enough for her and I wanted her to have what I assumed to be the closest to breastmilk. We also chose first size teats for the same reason - plus she actually took them, which was a surprise after trying so many...

Anyway as I say she still has newborn stuff at 12 months and it all seems fine. She still BFs happily (more than happily - is often to be found heading into my top shouting nana - her word for BM grin)

I think all the changing of teats and stuff is probably just marketing

ClimberChick Sat 04-Dec-10 22:59:55

We still use slow flow and she's 9 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now