Talk

Advanced search

Need to start expressing & trying dd3 with bottles but hate the idea

(6 Posts)
nymphadora Thu 02-Dec-10 08:44:29

Have a couple of things in the next few weeks where I need to leave her for a couple of hours & don't want to. Think I should be Ok to feed before then 2-3 hours later if needed but it's made me aware that these will get more often/ longer.

She has had milk from a cup (bottle lid) and took it ok but i felt guilty. That was the last time I expressed and only got half a lids worth & that was why we tried it. I then fed her & she stroked my boob like a long lost friend

How can I stop feeling guilty ?

PeanutButter99 Thu 02-Dec-10 10:15:15

You shouldn't feel guilty. You're still giving her breast milk. And she needs to learn to take ebf from a bottle. You'll feel worse if she won't take a bottle and you know she's crying when you leave her. 2-3 hours is ok.
I had to go back to work when DS was 15 weeks. That's guilt He takes ebf from a bottle and bf when I'm there.
You'll get used to the expressing. Learn to love your pump grin.
Good luck!

nymphadora Thu 02-Dec-10 11:17:06

Last time I went back at 12 weeks but this time I'm doing PLB blush and she's only 8 weeks

PeanutButter99 Thu 02-Dec-10 11:19:05

What's PLB?

Sarahlou8 Thu 02-Dec-10 11:42:23

Nymphadora - don't feel guilty for wanting a little time to yourself. It is hard work having a baby totally dependent on you and you'll feel so much more refreshed after a break, however small.
My DD is six weeks old today and has had two bottles of EBM that her Daddy was able to give her for the first time, a lovely moment for him.
I have a few Christmas parties coming up that I'm hoping to leave her for, so I just give her 2oz at a time (to get her familiar with the bottle) followed immediately by a top up from me. I'm hopefully going to build up a freezer stash for a full feed because I find I can only express 2oz at a time.

I'm using the Tommee Tippee closer to nature manual pump and getting on really well with it smile

nymphadora Thu 02-Dec-10 12:53:43

Precious last born.

It's not time for me think that's why it's harder. Have to go to meetings re job as work is restructuring & my job is going

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now