Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to buy new steriliser?

(4 Posts)
MumNWLondon Tue 30-Nov-10 23:05:21

DS2 now 7.5 months.

DH made something in the microwave and left the grill setting on, nanny then tried to sterilise DS2's teats/caps (bottles go in dishwasher, don't put teats/caps in as they get discoloured)... anyway microwave steamer got melted/ruined.

So do I buy a new one?

Points to consider:
- bottles always made up with water at 70c although sometime make a few up and store in fridge
- am a bit lazy about washing up - when bottle is finished toss cap/teat etc in washing up bowl and bottle into dishwasher. Once a day wash up teats/caps etc and then sterlised. Haven't sterilised bottles since DS2 was 6 months old. Thought sterilising was necessary as teats sitting around dirty blush.

winnybella Tue 30-Nov-10 23:07:56

You don't need to sterilise- just wash the tits with hot soapy water. You can buy special brushes that have a pointy end that gets into the tit iyswim.

TheNextMrsDepp Tue 30-Nov-10 23:11:01

You really don't need to sterilise at that age. Surely he's starting to move about, putting things in his mouth etc - well, a teat washed in hot water will be fine.

Have you thought about moving him off bottles entirely, and onto beakers? Much easier to clean, and he's certainly old enough.

MumNWLondon Tue 30-Nov-10 23:14:07

i tried giving him milk in a beaker at 6 months when i stopped BFing but he wouldn't take it, and as I was going back to work needed him to take milk from bottle...

will try beakers again but i doubt he'll take it as i can't even get him to drink any water from one.

he's not really moving get but yes is putting toys in mouth.

was quite amused to come back from business trip (first time away from DS2) to find steriliser melted!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: