Talk

Advanced search

Right nipple STILL sore - why oh why?

(10 Posts)
sweetpea5 Tue 30-Nov-10 21:18:41

So, just had 4 or 5 days expressing on right side so crack would heal up, which it has. Put baby back on today and it is still agony. Tried the football hold and the usual way too - no difference. Pain is sharp biting grating type of pain and is still hurting/burning now nearly an hour after taking her off. Left side is fine.

Am so so sick of this! Feeling v stroppy and grumpy and pissed off about the whole thing <sulk>. Going to go back to expressing on the right side and just forget about feeding her from it.

Feel better having typed this! Sorry for the rant.

lowercase Tue 30-Nov-10 21:21:43

how old is baby?

is that nipple bigger?

sweetpea5 Tue 30-Nov-10 21:44:02

She is almost 11 weeks. Don't think its bigger. (bf dd1 for 13 months no probs, no pain whatsoever).

lowercase Tue 30-Nov-10 23:02:01

hmm.

thought she might be tiny.

has it been sore from the start?
try a different hold on that side?
prop her up on pillows?

its awful when it isnt going well.

could you get to bf cafe, get others to check the latch.

sorry, not much help sad

sweetpea5 Wed 01-Dec-10 09:57:17

thanks lowercase you are being helpful

it wasn't sore the first week then mastitis, thrush, cracks etc started. those are all sorted now but its still agonizingly sore.

have tried all kinds of holds and have had loads of people check the latch over the weeks. Just have to accept that I cant feed her from the right side I think - no idea why

thanks again, i will try to stop ranting and complaining about this now!

moonstorm Wed 01-Dec-10 11:10:15

I was going to post an almost identical post to this (am still going to post on my other thread that I think I've beaten the thrush grin - don't want to get my hopes up too much though).

My right nipple still hurts and looks sore - I also get vavospasm after the feed (any light touch from clothing etc. can set it off). I did read on kellymom that it can take a while after nipple trauma/ thrush etc. for this to stop. My nipple is smaller on the right and doesn't get drawn out as much - I am hoping as ds gets bigger, this problem will solve.

We are getting there!

sweetpea5 Wed 01-Dec-10 11:13:28

Oh I do hope so moonstorm.

What is vasospasm? Please don't tell me I have a new disease?! THought I had the lot covered already :O

sweetpea5 Wed 01-Dec-10 11:19:18

I have just googled it and I think I do have this

Nipple is white after trying to feed - a circle shape on top of nipple about 3/4 cm across. Not sure if it comes out white or goes white just after and can't bear to try and feed her on the bad side to find out.

Aaaarghghghghg is there no end to the problems bf is going to through at me <feeling sorry for myself big time, must snap out of it>

moonstorm I need some of your postiveness

moonstorm Wed 01-Dec-10 11:26:15

Throwing some positiveness your way ~*~*~*~*~* smile

more info on vavosspasm

Warmth helps. I am just focussing on the fact that it can be caused by trauma and takes a while to go... If I didn't keep getting threatened blocked ducts on the right (where my mastitis started) I would be avoiding feeding on the right, too. Knowing what it is helps.

I also fed my dc1 for a long time - I am aiming for that good feeling again.

lowercase Wed 01-Dec-10 13:50:18

my nipple used to go white and i thought it was because that one was bigger??!!

i had pretty much the same start as you sweetpea, and consequently, had one rarely fed from smallish boob, and one super boob!

IME, one side is always the easier side.
i think my left was easier too (nearest the heart? better control holding with right hand?)

i recall (nearly 8 years ago shock )
feeding laying down was possible with that side...try laying?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: