Talk

Advanced search

Mastitis, sore cracked nipples, cyst, open wound and now thrush! but i will not give up!!!!!

(7 Posts)
Dozeyland Tue 30-Nov-10 16:31:13

Yes mastitis is clearing, wound hopefully healing but slowly, now me & DD have thrush. poor mite.

i really want to come out the other end after all this, do not want to give up now as it can only get better i say! the past few weeks have been so hard so i want to congratulate anyone who has given it a go atleast, and congrats to those who have come out the other end & got happy feeding experiences - eventually! x

marzipananimal Tue 30-Nov-10 16:34:25

well done It does get better

Have you seen this leaflet from the Breastfeeding Network about the treatment of thrush?
Keep bugging the doctors until they sort out your cyst!

crikeybadger Tue 30-Nov-10 17:00:16

Ah poor you Dozeyland- it's common to get thrush after mastitis.

Hope you get over this and well done for remaining so positive throughout!

Dylthan Tue 30-Nov-10 17:09:08

Aww dozeyland I feel for you. I had really badly cracked nipples and was sent to hospital for 4 days with severe mastitis (we did manage to escape thrush thankfully even with the high dose antibiotics I had to take) well done for staying so positive it really does get easier. Me and dd are still happily feeding at 17 weeks and those first few weeks are now nothing but a distant nightmare.

Have a hug from me I don't care if it's frowned upon you deserve it. grin

moonstorm Tue 30-Nov-10 17:16:56

Congratulations (if that's the right word) for getting through so much. You will come out the other side. And it will be worth it xxsmile

Pannacotta Tue 30-Nov-10 17:46:04

Poor you.
Just in case you aren't already, taking probiotics will help with the thrush.
Might be worth taking a mulit-vit/mineral too if you are a bit run down.

PacificDogwood Tue 30-Nov-10 17:50:52

Sympathies and well done, Dozeyland, I feel/felt your pain.

If you had antibiotics for your mastitis then them killing off bad and good bacteria is likely to be responsible for your and LO's thrush.

I trust you both have adequate treatment? There is a good leaflet on breastfeeding and thrush treatment somewhere, I'll have a rummage in a minute.

Hope it gets better very soon. And yes, it does so get easier. And easier. And easier. In the words of Dori from 'Finding Nemo': Just keep swimming feeding, just keep feeding, just keep feeding smile..

Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: