Talk

Advanced search

Fussy Feeder

(2 Posts)
Jen2727 Tue 30-Nov-10 13:41:51

I have a 2 week old little girl and need some advice please.
She is gaining weight well and does feed well eventually but it is taking up all of my time!
She either wakesor gets woken for a feed every 3.5 - 4 hours. She always fusses over the breast until she has suckled for about 2 minutes and then she is OK for a while. She often falls asleep during feeding and i have to keep waking her. She starts the feed fully dressed and to keep her alert, i gradually undress her until she is down to her nappy. She ofetn poos during a feed, so her nappy gets changed part way through. I then gradually put her clothes back on. She usually suckles for between 10-30 minutes but is takes me an hour-hour and a half for her to do this. Overnight she takes a while to settle after feeding, but during the day she is usually fine. She is a very happy baby and only cries or fusses during feeding. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to give up breast feeding! Thank you!

chirpyburpycheapsheep Tue 30-Nov-10 20:11:22

Think that all sounds fairly normal from my experience - both DDs were like that to start with, by about 4-6 weeks they'd got the hang of feeding & were a bit more focused on getting on with it, & able to feed faster, & also stopped pooing so much so cutting down on the time spent nappy-changing. Sorry haven't got any quick-fix tips, but don't give up, it sounds like you're doing great, & it will get easier & less time-consuming.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: