Talk

Advanced search

Help, boobs gone soft

(7 Posts)
thedogwalker Tue 30-Nov-10 12:56:50

My DS is 14 weeks old and is purley BF. Up until Sunday, my boobs would fill after every feed and become hard. When he fed I would feel them go soft. However, from Sunday night my boobs have remained soft confused

My DS is stil feeding from me, but he is having to feed more often as I'm not filling him as I did before.

Is there any reason for this? Is it normal? Will he still be getting enough? I don't know what to do.

I would like to add that I have recently cut down on my bread and carbs, could this be the reason?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 30-Nov-10 12:59:45

It sounds more like your supply has regulated itself. Soft boobs does not mean no milk.

There is a growth spurt at around 16 weeks, so he may well be coming up to that, hence the more frequent feeding.

Your diet shouldn't make any difference.

Carry on feeding on demand and all will be fine, have faith in your body smile

rubyslippers Tue 30-Nov-10 13:00:13

Sounds like your supply is settling down

Your breasts are never empty BTW

Your diet doesn't affect your supply although eating well makes you feel better IYSWIM

Maybe your baby is having a growth spurt?

Is he pooing and weeing ok?

Babies are very good at self regulating their feeding and their patterns do change over time especially as they get older and they get more efficient at feeding

rubyslippers Tue 30-Nov-10 13:00:43

X post there!

MoonUnitAlpha Tue 30-Nov-10 13:08:11

Mine did the same around 14/15 weeks - the only time they ever feel full now is on the very odd occasion ds sleeps through the night.

EauRouge Tue 30-Nov-10 13:28:25

Don't think mine have got hard since DD was about 6 mo, still BF 18 months later though If your DS is gaining weight and having wet and dirty nappies then I wouldn't worry.

thedogwalker Tue 30-Nov-10 14:37:12

Thanks so much, I thought my milk was drying up. When I talked to pals who had BF nobody mentioned boobs going soft so I was just a bit worried. So thanks everyone, I('m much happier smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now