Talk

Advanced search

milk come in... pain for how long?

(6 Posts)
Nagoo Tue 30-Nov-10 10:19:32

I can't remember how long I'm going to be in pain for with my new Dolly Parton boobs?

Can someone remind me please? DD feeding well, but as soon as she's finished I want her to 'relieve me' again!

I've been letting her 'finish' on one side before offering another, is that the best thing to do? sometimes she takes it, sometimes I have to wait.

She was born on Friday.

DrewsGirl Tue 30-Nov-10 14:08:40

Mine were only painful for one day but i was expressing as baby in scbu so just kept pumping until they went down a bit, 2 hours ish later i was back on there, they settled down after only 2 days

crikeybadger Tue 30-Nov-10 14:58:13

Congrats on your new DD nagoo!

Yes, best thing to do is to feed on one side then offer the other. Feed frequently too.

Having a nice warm bath might help with the soreness aswell.

lizE09 Tue 30-Nov-10 16:09:02

I found expressing and then freezing the milk helped if he wouldn't feed from both sides. I used the milk in a bottle at a later date when breatfeeding was established. Boots do some great bags to freeze breast milk in.

Nagoo Wed 01-Dec-10 22:02:05

thank you everyone!

I did try expressing but was afraid of increasing supply... so I got in hot bath and milked out all the hard bits by hand in a place where I couldn't see how much milk I was getting!

blessed relief, and the answer for how long it would hurt was 48 hours...

everything lovely for mow!

thanks again...

crikeybadger Wed 01-Dec-10 22:27:27

Good news that things have eased now nagoo-enjoy these early days with your new LO. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now