Talk

Advanced search

Milk not come in

(8 Posts)
Again Tue 30-Nov-10 08:37:45

Baby born Friday and she's sucked constantly for last 2 days. Should I get electric pump? She seems tired now and she's not the only one. She hasn't worn clothes since she was born and has hardly been out of my bed . Had real struggle with ds1 who was on bottles til 2.5 weeks.

belgo Tue 30-Nov-10 08:39:55

Congratulations on the birth of your dd. How is she? What does the midwife say about her weight, nappies etc and when is the midwife coming next?

Has someone checked your baby's latch?

Again Tue 30-Nov-10 09:05:58

She says latch is very good and she isn't going to weigh her til tomorrow. I saw a bit of blood in her urine nappy yesterday. Her dirty ncappies are still black and a lot less frequent. She has been very alert but is tired now after getting very little sleep last night. I'm worried medication I'm on might affect prolactin but i've no evidence for that

tiktok Tue 30-Nov-10 09:35:08

Milk will prob come in today, Again.

You can help things along and reassure yourself your baby is getting what she needs by hand-expressing colostrum, but this may not be necessary.

You can see if there is info on your meds for yourself here
toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?LACT

tiktok Tue 30-Nov-10 09:35:58

Blood in nappy is probably not blood but urates. Ask the midwife about this, though.

Again Tue 30-Nov-10 09:57:42

Thanks guys can't tell you how helpful this support is. Just to let you know....milk's in and baby's asleep and friend's calling round with pump just in case !! Now just need to get some sleep myself

alphamummy Tue 30-Nov-10 10:02:17

yey, keep going!

belgo Tue 30-Nov-10 11:06:50

That's great! Hope you can get a bit of rest today.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: