Talk

Advanced search

I think we have stopped bf and I feel sad

(4 Posts)
Fluteyboots Mon 29-Nov-10 21:26:43

Since I went back to work, we cut down to morning and evening feeds, DS is 1. He loves his food, and has embraced cows milk in a cup very enthusiastically. His bfs had become very short, and really he just seemed to be wanting a cuddle.

He came into our bed yesterday morning for a lie-in, and I offered him the boob. Can you believe it, he actually laughed and made the gesture he uses for wanting his cup.

Last night and tonight I put him to bed with a drink, a story and a cuddle and he went off happily. Part of me is thrilled that it's not been too traumatic, but part of me is gutted. Because I didn't do it consciously, or pay special attention to his "last feed". And because he giggled at the very thought of it. And because my baby is growing up. Just thought i would share. Sniff.

snugglepops Mon 29-Nov-10 21:39:13

Sniff Sniff Fluteyboots.

Well done for bfing to 1!

Fluteyboots Mon 29-Nov-10 22:30:11

Thank you, I am very glad we were able to. Suppose I better get used to him laughing at me anyway

firefliesinjune Tue 30-Nov-10 07:42:38

Aww sniffing with you. It is harder for us sometimes I think. Now you can fill the time you used to breastfeed to do something else wonderful smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: