Talk

Advanced search

how much EBM to give?

(6 Posts)
Towanmummies Sun 28-Nov-10 22:34:23

just started expressing in prep for night out next week, want to leave some for mum as she's babysitting DS. gave him 1oz today successfully from bottle, wolfed it down then went straight onto me for more.

but how much should i leave for the evening? he's almost 5 weeks old, about 9lbs now, and is on roughly 4 hourly feeds (feed him on demand but it's pretty much 4 hours)

any ideas? hopefully we'll be back soon after 4 hours (weather permitting) so can top him up then, but would be good to have a vague idea in case DP wants to do a night feed once in a while....

ta v much xx

AngelDog Sun 28-Nov-10 23:02:08

Kellymom info here, including an automatic calculator.

Towanmummies Tue 30-Nov-10 12:41:15

ooh fab, thanks. expressing going well so far grin that quantity is pretty much what i thought, we should be home in plenty of time for his next feed anyway.
if mum doesn't have to use it, maybe i'll get DP to do one of the morning feeds at the weekend so i can have a lie-in? shock

AngelDog Tue 30-Nov-10 13:04:29

Excellent. I'd get your mum to just offer a little at a time, then you won't end up having to throw any away.

MoonUnitAlpha Tue 30-Nov-10 13:10:25

4 hourly feeds! I am jealous grin

Towanmummies Tue 30-Nov-10 14:48:02

his idea.... not ours, although we love him for it!!

although we think he has colic and doesn't actually sleep much... sad mum says neither did i and it's a sign of intelligence. at this rate he'll be needing uni fees in a few weeks shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now