Talk

Advanced search

First Time Mum - breast feeding book/ website information

(8 Posts)
northlondonchoclover Wed 24-Nov-10 22:53:57

Hello, my little one is just 5 days old and I have been breastfeeding. Would love to learn more about it - any books or website recommendations please?

Thank you.

TheBreastmilksOnMe Wed 24-Nov-10 22:57:58

Congratulations! There is a fantastic website called 'Kellymom' where you can learn everything that you will ever need to know about BFing.

The La Leche League is another website/group that you can join and they will have tonned of info on BFing and books that would interest you.

If you joined the Association of Breast Feeding Mothers you would get a quarterly magazine that is packed with info on BFing and they also do book reviews.

Just type any of the above suggestions into google and you will be directed to the relevent website.

Well done you for taking such an interest and good luck!.

Cosmosis Thu 25-Nov-10 09:02:12

also there was a post on here the other day looking for blogs that had some great links

good luck with the feeding

PrincessBoo Thu 25-Nov-10 09:08:11

I second KellyMom - amazing website.

And this book is brilliant.

ib Thu 25-Nov-10 09:09:12

The dr jack newman site is great too

coldcomfortHeart Thu 25-Nov-10 12:01:03

The Food of Love book is absolutely brilliant, can't recommend it highly enough. Very funny and very informative.

And if you really get interested, then The Politics of Breastfeeding book is utterly amazing and eye opening, and very very readable, despite it's academicky title and not-so-great cover.

sorry, tried links but they don't seem to be working, weird.

MumOfEmily Fri 26-Nov-10 10:37:40

I agree that the Food of Love by Kate Evans is a great book! I bought it when my dd was about a week old and it really helped in those early days of bf - and it cheered me up too! Lots of funny cartoons and very reassuring and easy-to-read.

CamperFan Fri 26-Nov-10 12:34:06

I find both "What to expect when you are breastfeeding...and what if you can't" and the Ina May Gaskin one very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now