Talk

Advanced search

Poo for a breastfeed 17 week old & other

(9 Posts)
Rohey Mon 22-Nov-10 12:44:02

Ladies, have been reading past posts and there seems to be a trend of babies who are breastfed only pooing every 2-3 days..

My DS now 17 weeks and is still pooing every day sometime twice a day... Should I be concerned?

Plus, he has now started getting up every hour at night for a feed sad and during the day he comes off the breast after 2 sucks, surveying the room and then latches back on.. This extends what would normally be a 20 min feed into 40 mins! Is anyone else experiencing the same??? Please tell me I am not the only one..
My other DCs were not like this!

HelenLG Mon 22-Nov-10 13:43:47

DS is on and off the boob constantly. I shouldn't worry.

As for the poo, better out than in I say, as long as your DS doesn't seem unwell or unhappy with it.

Rohey Mon 22-Nov-10 13:57:03

Thanks H.....

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Nov-10 13:58:59

no, there is no reason to be concerned. some breastfed babies don't poo every day, which is also fine

you certainly aren't the only one with your other issues either

he is just at the right age for the BIG 4 month growth spurt. feed, feed, feed and you should come through it unscathed grin
and yes, distractible babies are a nightmare aren't they? i never really found a solution for that one

FindingMyMojo Mon 22-Nov-10 14:01:34

DD was exclusively BF & always did 2-3 poos a day, sometimes more. I never thought there was anything unusal about it & she was always very heatlhy.

MoonUnitAlpha Mon 22-Nov-10 17:13:06

Mine is just the same - pulling off every few sucks to have a look round drives me mad, especially in public. Actually worse is when he tries to look round with the nipple still clamped in his mouth - ouch! He also poos at least twice a day, sometimes 5-6 times. I'm very jealous of once a week pooers.

Ineedsomesleep Mon 22-Nov-10 18:33:18

Rohey, please don't worry about the poo. We had one DC who pooed with every feed and one who's record was 12 days. Both are normal.

Your DS sounds lovely.

jandmmum Mon 22-Nov-10 18:54:12

my DD is a week younger than yours and is just the same. In fact she has a cough a the mo and is piping as she coughs (sorry if tmi). She also can be quite distracted when feeding it's very frustrating isn't it?

Rohey Mon 22-Nov-10 19:39:41

Thanks all....

Feel relieved that I am not going mad!!! smile

Moon: cannot help but laugh at the looking round still latched on in public!! I have been there and got the t-shirt!!

Ineed... Wow 12 poo's is impressive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now