Talk

Advanced search

Baby not pooing !

(5 Posts)
Mousesmummy Sat 20-Nov-10 21:02:29

My baby is 6 months old this week and we decided to try solids as he was showing a real interest in food. He has been EBF up to now. He had literally about 3 teaspoons of baby rice on Wednesday evening and has not passed a stool since!!!!! He is not overly upset but he is obviously indiscomfort at times sad
Advice please?

(I have tried a bottle with water which he took a few sips of but nothing more)

MoonUnitAlpha Sat 20-Nov-10 21:09:56

Could try some orange or prune juice and a warm bath.

nonanny Sat 20-Nov-10 21:11:08

Don't worry. See how it goes and after a few days if you are worried ask health visitor. She /he may say little bit of puree apple..but it depends what you are planning. You can spoon warm water in to your baby as well... or a small syringe of water every now and then, but BF will resolve it I should say

Mousesmummy Sat 20-Nov-10 21:16:03

Thanks ladies - I have only given breastmilk since - too scared to offer any more solids - wil speak to HV on Monday

nonanny Sat 20-Nov-10 21:19:21

Guess it depends if your baby is hungry for more...generally once you start you keep going...but alternating fruit and rice purees might be the thing to do...you can actually start with apple tho usually they say rice. At 6 months 3 weeks one of mine, meant to start weaning only at 6 months but I did it at 5, still breastfed, grabbed whole hunk of turkey at Xmas lunch and gnawed on it...so things can go fast once you get started!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now