Talk

Advanced search

Tummy bug and bf 7 mo. Will she catch it?

(7 Posts)
poppydog10 Thu 18-Nov-10 12:10:31

I started being sick in the night.I initially thought it was a bad Macdonalds that I'd eaten ( hardly ever have macds btw), so wasn't to worried about dd who was cosleeping. I have since been since twice more this morning and have heard that there's something going around, so I now think it's a tummy bug.

Dd is in nursery - she is having her induction for when I go back to work after maternity leave. Dh is home so is it best to stay quarantined from her, or would she have caught it by now? She has been everywhere I have been.

She gets back at 1 so I haven't got much time.

Thanks ladies

eachpeach80 Thu 18-Nov-10 16:10:22

Sorry it's late but assuming she is otherwise well I wouldn't worry. She is going to be exposed to bugs all the time. If you keep bf her she is less likely to get it and if she does it won't be as bad because she will have the antibodies from you. I hadva tummy bug when ds was about 3 monthsvand he did not get it. Hope you feel bettervsoon.

AngelDog Thu 18-Nov-10 19:43:54

I'm no expert but I wouldn't quarantine her myself. If you've had it first, she's much less likely to get it.

It's not a stomach bug, but I've had 5 colds since DS was born and he's only caught one - which was the one he got before I did.

harverina Fri 19-Nov-10 10:57:33

I think I read somewhere that if you are unwell you should continue to feed as your DC will get antibodies to fight the bug if they get it?

runmeragged Fri 19-Nov-10 11:00:13

you need to continue feed her lots of breastmilk.

I had norovirus when my DD was a baby and I had actually vomited halfway through a nappy change (not actually over DD) and she didn't get it.

AngelDog Fri 19-Nov-10 12:12:01

Kellymom info on feeding when you're ill - she says keep on feeding.

Likesshinythings Fri 19-Nov-10 12:15:42

I had a bad stomach bug when I was feeding DS and he, thankfully, didn't catch it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now