Talk

Advanced search

Damn! No bottle to put pumped milk into...

(6 Posts)
C4ro Wed 17-Nov-10 11:42:56

I'm sat here at work and wondering what to do. I pump 2x day at work for the next day feeds and have just done the first although as I unpacked the bag I find I've left my storage bottles at home... Currently the pumping bottles are sat open in the fridge (I haven't got the lids for them with me).

Mainly I'm wondering if it is OK if I go and buy a bottle of water, dump that, and use it as temporary store now and for the trip home and then transfer it.

I could pump and dump but DD has a really bad cold and cough at the moment and I'm half hoping there might be some anti-bodies worth the trouble of keeping for her. It isn't a great personal issue to me though if she has to have 100% formula tomorrow in the Kindergarden (if you think a normal water bottle would affect the milk).

WWYD lady BFers?

notnowbernard Wed 17-Nov-10 11:44:05

Yes I would use a water bottle smile

RufflesKerfluffles Wed 17-Nov-10 11:54:48

Not saying there's anything wrong with the water bottle idea, but you could perhaps get some of those pre-sterilised freezer bags and transfer into those?

C4ro Wed 17-Nov-10 12:31:07

Thanks for feedback.

I have picked up a Chaudfontaine bleu that I will dispose of its normal contents and be using today!

May well look at the freezerbag idea though as I've only got 6 little medela bottles and use two per day. I can certainly see myself forgetting to put them in the bag again, or not have remembered to pick up previous days from Kindergarden, or otherwise misplaced. I need some backup plan so I don't get stuck again.

jaggythistle Wed 17-Nov-10 13:20:51

Hi,

I had seperate bottles for pumping and feeding, not sure if that is a possibility for you?

We had TT ones for feeding DS and I used the wee Medela ones for pumping/storage. Medela do bags you can pump directly into, but I was advised on here that they might mot be sturdy enough for travelling around with.

I used the little Medela cool bag you can get and put my empty bottles in when I replaced the ice block each morning.

The cool bag is so good I didn't even have to use the fridge if I was in a rush, as it kept the milk really cold.

MumNWLondon Wed 17-Nov-10 13:56:52

i work walking distance from a big branch of boots so would have bought some of those milk storage bags.

maybe keep some in your desk incase that happens again. or even some of the avent storage cups? i think i bought a box of 10.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: