Talk

Advanced search

Top teeth have just cut - is it normal to be uncomfortable for a bit?

(5 Posts)
SirBoobAlot Wed 17-Nov-10 11:28:58

Am possibly being a little paranoid since the slit-in-the-nipple thing a few months ago. But DS's front top teeth have just cut. One is through entirely and the other is just poking through.

Is it normal for it to be uncomfortable / a lit painful for a little while after? He's not biting, and his latch is fine.

Poledra Wed 17-Nov-10 11:33:05

I found that their teeth sometimes seemed to scrape a bit, especially when they were new, and sharp as little razors! I tried to vary positions so it wasn't one bit of the nipple getting scraped all the time, IYSWIM, and went back to using a little lansinoh on my boobs for a while till it settled down again.

TruthSweet Wed 17-Nov-10 11:46:22

Yup - normal, you may also find tooth imprints on your nipple after a feed (like sitting on grass with bare legs leaves an imprint).

If you keep a close eye on the latch for a few days as sometimes they alter the latch as their mouth feels all funny with teeth in it.

Cies Wed 17-Nov-10 11:50:46

Yup, with ds I found he would scrape along the nipple while unlatching. Watch out for the sudden bites as well <<ouch>>

SirBoobAlot Wed 17-Nov-10 13:42:23

<Phew>

Thanks. I notice a change, but not so much, with the bottoms ones because they were covered by his tongue.

Have dug the Lansinoh back out grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: