Talk

Advanced search

Dropping Milk Feeds

(2 Posts)
SarahH0507 Tue 16-Nov-10 12:37:03

Hello,

My 13mth DS was happily having 3 7oz milk feeds a day (morning, afternoon, before bedtime). On Sunday he refused the daytime feed which I thought was ok as I'd read that the daytime feed can be dropped. However he is also refusing a milk feed before bed. He still has milk in the morning, so I know he hasn't gone off it. Is it ok for a baby of this age to only have 7oz a day? He does drink water/juice during the day so I know he won;t get dehydrated. Sorry, its a bit of a waffly mail - but hope you get the gist!

TheSugarPlumFairy Tue 16-Nov-10 13:29:23

my DD is only 7 months but i would think that so long as your DS is getting sufficuent nutrion from his other foods then he will probably be ok. If i were you, and just cause i get a bit neurotic about this stuff, i might start sneaking scoops of milk into his food where i could. 1 scoop equals an ounce in terms of nutrition though not in terms of liquid of course.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: