Talk

Advanced search

Red line on breast

(4 Posts)
dublinmom Mon 15-Nov-10 19:35:39

I've got a red -- well, pink really --line on my breast. I just noticed it today. My breast does hurt, but then it hurts anyway (am just getting over thrush/cracked nipples/vasospasm/frequent feeds to boost milk supply).

I don't feel a hard lump at the end of it, bt could it be a blocked dct? What should I do?

Really don't fancy getting mastitis!

fidelma Mon 15-Nov-10 21:34:30

sounds like mastitis to me.Get in the shower, massage with a cloth/hand or soap whatever is easiest.Feed from that side lots.Work hard. You need to clear it.Rest and eat well.
Come back if you need more adivce.If it is there tomorrow I would go to your GP. x

CarGirl Mon 15-Nov-10 21:36:12

sounds like mastitis to me too, if you look very carefully can you see another line so it looks like a V shape???

I caught mine very early and didn't feel unwell tbh - well with a 5 day old baby and engorged breasts you don't usually feel fantastic tbh.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 15-Nov-10 21:36:46

Mastitis. If it is still there in the morning then go to the GP and get some ABs.

Tonight work to clear it by feeding, hot flannels etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: