Talk

Advanced search

Half price formula

(6 Posts)
MintyMoo Sat 13-Nov-10 15:43:50

Is it ok for a shop to have an offer on formula if it is for 3rd stage toddler milk? I was in Sainsburys earlier and they had SMA 3rd stage formula reduced to 1/2 price with the tagline '1/2 price - value where needed'. Or is that only illegal with milk for babies under 6 months?

Also they had little girl's nurses outfits in the sale, next to little boy's Dr's outfits so they particularly wound me up today!

rubyslippers Sat 13-Nov-10 15:47:26

They can reduce the follow on milks

Ineedsomesleep Sat 13-Nov-10 15:51:17

You are right, its only under 6 months milk that can't be reduced.

The nurses outfits for girls really winds me up too.

MintyMoo Sat 13-Nov-10 16:00:56

Cool, wanted to double check before I complained in case I made a fool of myself!

My GP's practice has more female GP's than male and quite a few male nurses/phlebologists (sp?). I wonder what the people who design these outfits would think of that!

Ineedsomesleep Sat 13-Nov-10 16:09:07

Well, Minty its not really cool, its fucking pants that they can get away with promoting their brand in this way, but that's another story...

MintyMoo Sat 13-Nov-10 16:22:49

I meant cool more in the sense that I was relieved I hadn't complained publicly when in the store and that I now know if I see it again. My first thought was concern that people with tiny babies will see the promotion and give the cheaper formula instead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now