Talk

Advanced search

Feeding for hours at night

(3 Posts)
emmylou157 Thu 11-Nov-10 09:52:22

My dd1 is 15 weeks old today and she used to be a really good sleeper - slept from 8pm-7am waking for one feed during the night. For the past few nights she has been feeding for hours - on and off for about 3 hours (every 15-30mins) before eventually giving in and sleeping at about 11pm. She then wakes for a feed at 2am and is difficult to settle whereas she used to just go straight back down. She is exclusively breastfed and won't take a bottle of any description we have tried hundreds of teats with no luck.

Has anyone experienced anything like this/can give me any tips as it is driving me insane as the evenings are the only break I get as OH is at work 6am-8pm every day including every other weekend and no family/friends in the area.

Thanks

Ineedsomesleep Thu 11-Nov-10 10:23:34

emmylou157, really feel for you as it must be hard, especially has she has slept previously.

However, this is perfectly normal and will pass, I promise.

Have a look at 4 month sleep regression and growth spurts. To be honest she could just be having a growth spurt at this age.

Please also take a look at is my baby ready for solid food and remember it won't be many weeks before you are weaning her anyway.

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 11-Nov-10 11:19:49

Aw Emmylou,

I feel for you. DS has never slept through and tbh I'm glad. I think it is harder for those who have a seep-through baby and then a sleep regression!

Ineedsomesleep has given great advice above but I just wanted to give youmy sympathies!

This too will pass...

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now