Talk

Advanced search

8 month old, how many breast feeds a day?

(6 Posts)
bandanna Tue 09-Nov-10 14:03:01

He currently feeds morning, lunch, mid afternoon, bed time and then still give a dream feed at 11pmish as we have just got him to sleep through the night and a bit nervous that if we drop it he'll start waking again. Too many feeds? He never really asks for them but feeds well when offered.

Cies Tue 09-Nov-10 14:09:37

My 11 mo ds feeds more than that! I think it sounds about right. How much solid food does he eat? smile

JamesSpadersGal Tue 09-Nov-10 14:16:24

At 8 months my DD was having
breakfast feed, lunch feed, mid afternoon after nap feed, early evening feed and a dreamfeed at about 10.30pm.

The mid afternoon feed was the next to be dropped I think.

I thought with bfeeding there is no such thing as 'too many feeds' its just a matter of whether you are both happy with things IYSWIM.

BaronessBomburst Tue 09-Nov-10 17:17:39

I'm feeding between 5 and 8 times a day - and I just had to tot that up because I don't normally count! I make sure I offer regularly because although he eats well he's still not too good at drinking, even with the doidy cup, and I want to make sure he gets enough fluid. Somnetimes he will take the breast and drink well, sometimes not. I just go with the flow. I'm just expecting that as he eats more and gets better with the cup the BF will just start to drop back naturally.

cinnamongreyhound Tue 09-Nov-10 17:24:37

Ds1 had 3 at 8 months- breakfast, 4ish and before bed. Think it does depend on how much they eat though. He dropped the 4pm one at 9 months and breakfast feed at 1 was just more interested in eating something than breastfeeding!

bandanna Tue 09-Nov-10 23:38:41

Thanks for your replies. He has 3 meals a day but sometimes doesn't eat much at all. Reason for asking is he's a big boy! I haven't bothered having him weighed but his 32 week check is coming up and fear a "telling off" when he is weighed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now