Talk

Advanced search

Ouch, sore boob at 18wks preg + still feeding DD

(7 Posts)
jurassicpark Mon 08-Nov-10 17:53:10

Have forgotten all about changes to boobs during pregnancy except that I think I'm less tender this time and attributed that to continued feeding of DD (morning and night) throughout. However, left boob has got really sore in last couple of days and not being relieved with feeding. Is this just the usual change or should I be concerned about something else?

Hayleybreastfeedingcounsellor Mon 08-Nov-10 18:49:43

is your breast full and lumpy? or is it just tenderness?

jurassicpark Mon 08-Nov-10 20:09:51

seems to be full and bumpy, like when you miss a feed in the early days.

Hayleybreastfeedingcounsellor Tue 09-Nov-10 09:54:53

it may be that your DD is taking less milk now? and with the hormaones of the pregnancy it may be taking longer to settle down. if it continues it may be a blocked duct or mastitus. it will take a little longer for your body to realise your still feeding but also getting your breasts ready for the new born. i wouldnt worry too much give it a little longer and see if it settles.

Usually a mother's milk will dramatically decrease at 17-18 weeks of pregnancy so not sure if it would be that DD isd taking less milk. If you are thinking about tandem nursing 'Adventures in Tandem Nursing' by Hilary Flower mighjt be of some help.

kellymom on nursing in pregnancy

DO you think it could be the beginnings of mastitis or just pregnancy? Maybe keep an eye out for shivering/signs of fever and possiboly massage the affected area (I'm assuming it isn't the entire breast affected?)
HTH

THere is a support thread on here for extended nursing/tandem nursing I believe.

mjinhiding Wed 10-Nov-10 14:18:40

Message withdrawn

Also, (purely anecdotal form me but...) I found nursing DS1 almost unbearably painful at this point of pg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now