Talk

Advanced search

paracetamol for me, calpol for him?

(4 Posts)
Porcelain Mon 08-Nov-10 14:59:31

I've got a stinking cold and a splitting headache. I took paracetamol about an hour ago. DS (12 weeks) is a bit snuffly and teething, and has now started crying inconsolably.

Does anyone know if my paracetamol gets into my milk, whether the levels are safe if I give him calpol, high enough to trat him too, or how long it takes to clear from my milk? As he is grizzly he is feeding in short, frequent bursts.

Would I be better off on ibuprofen so I can give him calpol, or maybe giving him baby ibuprofen?

I'm holding off as I don't like to give him meds unless I am sure he needs it, but if he goes on crying without a nap for much longer we will have got to that point. Trying to nurse him to sleep now...

eaglewings Mon 08-Nov-10 20:12:30

Have you tried NHS direct? Sorry to hear that you feel so bad.

If you get no other replies or help how about both of you having half dose?

Hope you are better soon

cbmum Mon 08-Nov-10 22:13:25

Paracetamol is fine. Give your little one calpol and if 2 hours later give ibuprofen. Hopefully you'll both get some sleep then feel better.

LadyViper Mon 08-Nov-10 22:19:13

paracetamol is fine for breastfeeding and calpol is fine for him :-)

but if he is teething then teething gel/granules/cold teething ring might be a good idea to try first if you don't want to give him calpol.

Teething gel sorts out my DS 9/10 when he is grizzly :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: