Talk

Advanced search

Sex and breastfeeding !

(12 Posts)
Pen29 Sun 07-Nov-10 21:40:14

I know this is a strange question but i am intrigued to know whether anyone else has experianced their breast filling with milk just after an Orgasm and does anyone know why this happens ? Please dont tell me im the only one.

Lynzjam Sun 07-Nov-10 21:55:10

I have a two month old DD and have only just been getting back into the swing of things with regards to sex.
I think I feel my boobs leaking milk during orgasm. But I don't really feel the milk let down when DD is breastfeeding.

mumbybumby Sun 07-Nov-10 21:59:37

Yes, I know what you mean! I also used to, ahem, squirt DP with milk when I orgasmed sometimes. Definitely not just you!

Lynzjam Sun 07-Nov-10 23:00:34

Oh reason I'm not sure yet is because I've always had my bra on! :-)

OmicronPersei8 Sun 07-Nov-10 23:03:25

Oxytocin, perhaps? I can confirm that if you breastfeed for long enough, your boobs stop reacting during sex and feel totally 'normal' again.

OmicronPersei8 Sun 07-Nov-10 23:04:37

Oxytocin. The hormone of lurve.

DeborahDeborah Sun 07-Nov-10 23:13:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClimberChick Mon 08-Nov-10 04:42:03

I wish I knew <sigh>

ghoulishglendawhingesagain Mon 08-Nov-10 06:13:56

In the early days I would sometimes leak and feel very tingly/letdown even just during the foreplay bit and I hated it, felt very selfconscious and better keeping bra with pads on.

Tis very normal. Now DS is a bit older it all stopped and no leaking these days. DH wasn't that bothered by it but I hated it.

5DollarShake Mon 08-Nov-10 07:49:25

Yes, I've experienced it, but I have a very strong let down. Problematically strong, in fact.

jaggythistle Mon 08-Nov-10 12:05:42

Nothing to contribute, just a bit envy at all your exciting sounding sex lives! Although is slightly better now we are ttc again smile... No leakage to report though.

Lynzjam - was a bit blush when I realised I was reading your post hehe! The hazard of having RL friends on here, lucky we are used to a bit TMI in conversation I suppose ;)

coldcomfortHeart Mon 08-Nov-10 13:34:48

Was just reminiscing about this with DH the other day- I used to leak like a fountain, it was most irritating! It did calm down though once I stopped leaking randomly throughout the day as well. (Which was at about 6 months) Breastpads are your best bet!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: