Talk

Advanced search

SOoooo painful..

(5 Posts)
namechangedfor3months Sun 07-Nov-10 18:40:23

I'm 8wks pregnant and still feeding 13mo DS. He'll happily eat food - and drink from a cup when I'm not around (in nursery or with DP) but when I am around it's a different story. He is still demand fed - he is fed to sleep and back to sleep when he wakes also.

The last two weeks my nipples (particularly the left) are sheer agony when he feeds. Around 01:30-04:30 it's like torture! When I do refuse he's a nightmare and won't stop crying so this has been distressing for us all through the night in our bed but I'm really struggling with the pain.

Does this sound normal for the start of pregnancy or do you think it may be something more sinister (thrush?)? Any ideas how long it could last if it is symptomatic?

Should I wean him completely now as I don't think I have the energy to carry on sad. I'd really appreciate some similar stories!

whomovedmychocolate Sun 07-Nov-10 19:49:28

Absolutely normal IME. For me about 10 weeks it all got better and then got worse in the last two months of pregnancy. I then tandem fed for about 18 months.

Congratulations on your pregnancy btw!

RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 07-Nov-10 19:57:06

DS was 20 months when I got pg again, but he was only feeding first thing in the morning. It was really uncomfortable, sometimes painful, for first 12 weeks or so. It then got better, but he did self-wean (co-incided with him sleeping past 5am) and I think my milk supply had dropped a lot.

RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 07-Nov-10 19:59:50

oh and DS self weaned when I was about 4 months pg, he went down to only feeding every other day or so, then stopped asking (and I didn't offer, so did encourage weaning a bit)

namechangedfor3months Sun 07-Nov-10 20:21:41

Thank you whomovedmychocolate! I'm still in shock I think. But that gives me hope that the pain may subside..
Thanks RhinestoneCowgirl Maybe DS will be the same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now