Talk

Advanced search

question about tommee tippee breast pump

(4 Posts)
muslimah28 Thu 04-Nov-10 17:50:10

hello

i have a tommee tippee closer to nature breast pump and today i've been using it and every few minutes the air pipe gets a bit of milk in it. does anyone have any idea what's causing this? im keeping the bottle upright...

i haven't used the pump much, i just used it for keeping up milk supply in the past but now am weaning DS i want to pump off the extra milk that he doesn't need anymore to build up some stock.

TIA

Ieattoomuchcake Thu 04-Nov-10 18:04:30

I have this and it gets milk in the tube whenever the milk starts flowing well. It's nothing you're doing wrong.
From other threads I've read this is a common fault.

The only thing I do to get around if is to stop pumping every so often and give it a shake. But if it's fairly new maybe you could try returning it to where you bought it?

muslimah28 Mon 08-Nov-10 18:44:30

thank you. no receipt (as DH bought it and never keeps receipts!). i emailed tommee tippee and they made a few suggestions including to make sure the membrane points away from the breast. i did this today and it seemed to help, though my milk flow wasn't as much as when i had this problem the other day as i was pumping after a feed rather than between feeds. will keep trying....

thanks for your help.

ItsMumkara Sat 23-Jan-16 19:29:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now