Talk

Advanced search

TT electric pump

(8 Posts)
June2008 Tue 03-Aug-10 21:01:46

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with the TT electric pump?

I'm intending to bf DC2, due in a few weeks, and wondered whether this pump is worth getting? (Have seen the offer at Asda which is what prompted me to post this.)

Or should I bite the bullet and get the Medela?

I only used a manual one last time so would be grateful to hear of any thoughts on the two.

TIA

Shaz10 Tue 03-Aug-10 21:03:15

The closer to nature one? I had a terrible time with it. It's shite. If I ever have another I'm forking out for a Medela.

TheZee Tue 03-Aug-10 21:30:12

Hello, I found it really painful. Eventually got on better with a manual Avent one. Good luck finding one that works for you...

June2008 Tue 03-Aug-10 21:35:11

Thank you for your thoughts! I kind of figured that was what I might hear!

LouLou78 Tue 03-Aug-10 21:36:02

Mine broke after a couple of uses. Returned it and got a refund. Seems to be a common problem with it.

Much preferred the Medela although only used it a handful of times - DS won't take a bottle and Im too lazy to persevere!

Shaz10 Tue 03-Aug-10 21:37:22

I honestly thought it was me who couldn't express, didn't have enough milk, etc, etc. Until I went into hospital and borrowed the proper one from the maternity ward. Milk everywhere!

littlemefi Wed 04-Aug-10 11:45:15

I have used both, borrowed SIL's TT one when my Medela swing was away being repaired.
Personally, I struggled to get much out of the TT one, and was SO relieved to get the Medela back!
I have used the Medela a lot, and although it did have to go for repair, it was under warranty and customer services were v helpful.

catwhiskers10 Wed 04-Aug-10 11:55:17

I used the TT manual pump and ended up buying a spectra electric one which i find is really good. Anawiz.com has a good selection at a reasonable price.
I researched lots of electric ones before buying and the tommee tippee electric one had the worst reviews of them all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now