Talk

Advanced search

Want to read a mumsnetters own?

(8 Posts)
dandycandyjellybean Sat 29-Sep-07 08:05:54

I wrote a book a couple of years ago, finally resigning myself to the fact that I wouldn't be having babies - 35 and 2 years of trying with no joy. The month I finished it I found out I was pregnant,(!) and for some reason have been too busy ever since to even research how to go about getting it published.

It's a pretty basic 'woman trapped in miserable marriage, unhappy with life/self and how she makes good' story, and needs some polishing, but wondered if there was a way to get it out to mumsnetters who fancy a read?

nappyaddict Sat 29-Sep-07 08:16:44

oooh i'd love to read it. could you email it to people?

morethanmum Sat 29-Sep-07 08:20:48

You could upload it to lulu.com, set a price and then let people know what it's called. TYhey can buy single copies. It costs less than £20 quid, I think, to get it ready and on site.

belgo Sat 29-Sep-07 08:20:55

do you plan on getting it published? Maybe you could post extracts on a blog?

Congratulations by the way! How many weeks pregnant are you?

dandycandyjellybean Sat 29-Sep-07 15:03:46

Not still pregnant, now have 23 month old ds, just been a bit too busy for some unknown reason!!! Will look at the lulu.com thing, thanks mornthanmum - do you know if this would mean that I wouldn't be able to get it published 'properly' if it sold well? Will get back to you. Cheers. Any one else got any ideas?

morethanmum Sat 29-Sep-07 20:09:07

Nope - far as I know it can still get pulished. Only thing is it might preclude you from writing competitions because sometimes self publishing counts as 'published previously'. Good luck.

bossybritches Sun 30-Sep-07 09:29:47

I'd love to read it & give you feedback as a voracious reader!

Let us know what you get sorted!

Good Luck. grin

NappiesLaGore Mon 01-Oct-07 17:56:17

actually, i might be having something to do with a new website which would publish stories... i havnt had the meetings yet so my knowledge is patchy but i'll def be talking about it here on mn (am a regular) when/if i do.

(off to look at lulu.com)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now