Talk

Advanced search

The Truth Pixie

(9 Posts)
HannahRuth Tue 06-Nov-18 21:01:29

Hey Mums!

Just a quick on! My son HATES reading, however as he's been going through a difficult time I stumbled across The Truth Pixie... how could I not it's everywhere!! And he loves it! He's read it every night... so question is... where can I find books similar?!? Any recommendations? TIA x

BooseysMom Fri 23-Nov-18 20:32:47

@HannahRuth... Just found this thread and intrigued by the book The Truth Pixie. I must be the only one who hasn't heard of it! Is it young adult fiction? What's it about?

HannahRuth Fri 23-Nov-18 21:02:17

@BooseysMom it's probably suited to the age range of 7-9, it's a fiction book based on a Pixie that cannot tell lies, and she has to figure out how to turn this curse in to a positive. Such an uplifting book. £3.99 on Amazon! And worth every penny! Even for adults. I've read it about ten times and still not bored of it. My son listens to it on audio books. You'd love it I'm sure x

BooseysMom Sat 24-Nov-18 09:41:41

@HannahRuth..thanks for the reply. Our DS is 5 and loves books. He's learning phonics atm. I'll remember this one for him smile

Notquiteagandt Sat 24-Nov-18 11:35:17

If you are on twitter follow matt haig the author. Seems like such a nice guy. So upbeat and positive. He has other books too.

BooseysMom Tue 27-Nov-18 12:13:34

@Notquiteagandt...Thanks for the info xx

SkiMum99 Wed 28-Nov-18 21:33:53

We read the other two Matt Haig books the boy called Christmas and the girl who stole Christmas really good reads last December with my then 10yr old and going to read again with other DD this year.

SkiMum99 Wed 28-Nov-18 21:34:48

The truth pixie was a character in these books which has now spun off into her own book.

BooseysMom Sat 01-Dec-18 11:45:22

@SkiMum99...thanks for the msg. I'll make a note to get those Matt Haig books smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: