Talk

Advanced search

Little known suggestions for book club books

(2 Posts)
Killingthebodyguard Fri 21-Sep-18 21:33:14

Although I enjoy a lot of the mumsnet book club choices, they are often books or authors I am already aware of e.g. Why mummy swears, Celeste Ng, Dawn O'Porter etc Can I ask how the books are chosen and wether readers could suggest more obscure choices that perhaps people wouldn't come across otherwise.

I'll start - I've just finished 'All that was lost' by Alison May - a book that definitely deserves to be better known. It deals with grief, truth and the lies we tell each other and ourselves. The death of a child is sensitively dealt with and is a topic I know many mumsnetters feel is ignored too much in society.

I'm not the author I hasten to add but did come across the book because I knew the author in a very friend of a friend of a colleague round about kind of way!

spinabifidamom Fri 21-Sep-18 23:48:37

I browse the books recommended by the town. Currently reading a book suggested by people living in the area about two friends involved in a horrible car accident. One of them is killed. The other one survived the event. She wakes up at the hospital days after it. Worth reading.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »