Talk

Advanced search

July book of the month: Why Mummy Swears by Gill Sims - Read and join the discussion and author webchat on Weds 5 September, 9pm.

(80 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jul-18 11:32:41

Over Summer MN bookclub will be reading two strikingly different books about parenting. Both authors will be joining us in early September for webchats.

First up is Gill Sim’s Why Mummy Swears. Gill’s blog Peter and Jane has become a UK phenomenon, largely due to the publication of her first novel - the bestselling Why Mummy Drinks. Her latest joins Ellen, husband Simon and their precious 'moppets', Jane and Peter at the start of the summer holidays and follows them, in diary format, over the course of the year. With spot-on observations about motherhood and more than a few lol moments, this is the perfect fun summer read, whether you’re lying by a pool or in need of light relief as you struggle with your own moppets over the school holidays.

Gill Sims will be joining us for a webchat on Wednesday 5 September when she’ll be joining us for a chat and a laugh about surviving the summer holidays as well as answering your questions about the book. Find out more about the book, read - or listen to - an extract and find out what the Mumsnet bloggers have to say about Why Mummy Swears

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Sep-18 22:38:37

And congratulations to .... FernieB, Sallyswann, BretonStripe, thinkofablinkingnamewoman, starlight36, Morlef, Cassie71, littlerose12345, Dorlowe68, Celama, MamaCBear, Coolusername, Givemeone and ChampagneSupernovaAgain who have each won a copy of September book of the month Fierce by Gin Phillips. We’ll be in touch to organise getting the books out to you.

BretonStripe Wed 05-Sep-18 23:22:02

Oh wow, thank you so much Mumsnet! That's so kind to send me a book, I'm thrilled!

Thanks so much for the chat, Gill. I'd have been on here longer but got stuck on the phone. Have also served time on the PTA, so was 99% sure you had too when reading Why Mummy Swears as those observations and descriptions were just too accurate! smile

Looking forward to book No3 next year already wink

starlight36 Thu 06-Sep-18 10:01:23

Thank you so much Mumsnet. I'm really enjoying the books of the month. Looking forward to the Lullaby discussion next week.

littlerose12345 Thu 06-Sep-18 13:39:53

Thank you so much Mumsnet! Looking forward to the next webchat!

BretonStripe Wed 26-Sep-18 22:44:45

Hi @RachelMumsnet just wondered if my book got lost in the post? As never received a copy or heard from you? sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »