Talk

Advanced search

June book of the month: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

(5 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Jun-18 17:25:12

Our June book of the month has been described by one of the mn book bloggers as: "without a doubt one of the best books I have read this year" and another says: "My life was put on hold until I had finished the very last word. I gorged on this novel and greedily devoured every single page." Reece Witherspoon has already snapped up the rights, so join us in reading this now.

Author Celeste Ng will be joining us for a webchat on this thread on 26 June when she'll be answering questions about the book and you'll have the opportunity to discuss with other readers. Find out more about the book, read - or listen to - an extract and find out what the Mumsnet bloggers have to say about Little Fires Everywhere

anonymousbird Mon 04-Jun-18 15:07:22

I am collecting my copy from the library tomorrow, so fingers crossed should have read it in time to comment/post a question! Really enjoyed Everything I Never Told You.

1sttimemama1986 Sun 10-Jun-18 19:33:20

Feeling smug as just picked this up for my holiday read!! So glad it's been recommended.

FernieB Tue 19-Jun-18 19:19:02

Read this in one sitting. Compelling and absorbing. I was quickly drawn into the Richardson's world and equally fascinated by Mia. Although the story is really told by the teenagers it's their mothers who are the most intriguing and in particular the ways they choose to mother their daughters.

Thanks MN - a great read.

Kangaroo1 Tue 19-Jun-18 21:19:20

I absolutely loved this-the perfect combination of an intellectual read, but an easy read too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: