Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

What did your child think of What Makes Me A Me?

(20 Posts)
SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 25-Sep-17 16:55:37

Introducing the brand new picture book from Ben Faulks (CBeebies' Mr Bloom) and bestselling illustrator David Tazzyman. Find out more about the book and author.

What makes you a you? Are you like a sports car – lightning fast No? Then perhaps you're like a snail – very slow (especially when it's time for school!).

What Makes Me A Me? is a funny and thought-provoking look at what makes us us, from Ben Faulks (also known as Mr Bloom from CBeebies) and bestselling illustrator of You Can't Take an Elephant on the Bus, David Tazzyman. This celebration of being who we are is perfect for inquisitive little minds.

We ask all winners to share their child's thoughts on the book. Everyone who posts their detailed feedback by midday, Monday 27 November will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Love2shop voucher.

Buy the book on Amazon

This giveaway is sponsored by Bloomsbury Children's

Book giveaways T&Cs apply

MummyBtothree Tue 26-Sep-17 15:08:29

Fingers crossed 🍀🍀

GetHappy Tue 26-Sep-17 20:02:18

Applied! Looks good - always had a little crush on Mr Bloom blush

lovewatchingrainfall Sat 07-Oct-17 03:47:06

Done fingers crossed

RosyPony Sat 07-Oct-17 08:29:22

Stupid question, do you fill in your name or your child's name in the form?

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck Sat 07-Oct-17 11:21:51

I can't see the submit button. 😢

wrapsuperstar Sat 07-Oct-17 19:07:10

Entered - both my DDs still love picture books (as do I!) and we're always on the look out for new and intreresting stories to share. Fingers crossed!

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck Sat 07-Oct-17 20:39:00

I still can't see the submit button.

Happytea Sat 07-Oct-17 21:13:57

Entered. Fingers crossed!

CommonFishDiseases Sat 07-Oct-17 22:04:07

Entered... looks like an interesting book smile

Mustbeoriginal38 Sun 08-Oct-17 01:08:58

Entered. My little boy loves a good book 😀

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck Mon 09-Oct-17 12:05:11

Wow! I finally had a submit button and entered by the skin of my teeth! shock

SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Oct-17 13:25:21

Hi all - thanks for entering.

RosyPony - in the future, it's your name (and address) so we can send you the book. If it's a children's book, we also ask for your child's age - to make sure it's around the recommended age for the book you're applying for.

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck - sorry to hear about your technical difficulties and glad to hear you managed to enter. Occasionally these buttons aren't visible (tech gremlins) and we're not around to look into the issue, so do keep trying (perhaps on the desktop site if you're on mobile). Thanks for persevering!

This giveaway is now closed and we'll be selecting winners and notifying them by email this week smile

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck Mon 09-Oct-17 13:36:14

I thought I'd try one more time before you closed it! I have no nails left from the biting! shock

MummyBtothree Fri 13-Oct-17 17:41:54

smile yay! Just found out that I have won a copy of this book, can't wait to receive it!

Mustbeoriginal38 Wed 18-Oct-17 11:46:32

We've just received our copy of the book. My little boy was very excited to find out what was in the package the postie left. When he saw the book he wanted to read it straight away...so we did!

The story is a very engaging journey of a little one working out what makes him him. I asked my ds which bit he liked best and he said the bit where he thinks he's a puppy! The images are lovely throughout the book. Ds was especially excited of read the story when I told him that Mr Bloom had written it....he adores Mr Bloom. When asked how many stars out of 5 he'd give the story he said "one million!" A lovely book I'm sure will be read again and again in this house 😀

pennwood Wed 18-Oct-17 17:48:57

What Makes Me A Me? The lovely cover with a glittery title was an instant hit. It is all in poetry with super illustrations & we were able to sit together & read it all in one go. The Certificate Of Birth prompted our 'inquisitive little mind' & the four pages of question marks was explained to me as they have just been learnt at school. We think boys & girls would love the book, & it certainly gets little minds working so recommended by us.

ArnoldJRimmer Wed 18-Oct-17 19:17:56

My 3 year old was delighted that the postman had brought her a present and looked forward to reading her new book at bedtime tonight. I love that the story is written as poetry in short bursts, I find it makes it easier to read as it flows better and the frequent pauses lets my DD join in by counting how many items she can find on each page and chat about it. She particularly loved the snail at the start and wouldn’t settle at the end until we went back to look at the snail!

The illustrations throughout the book are fab, they’re easy to understand and tie in with the story. I like to point to each picture that goes with the story as this works well for my DD to follow along. I particularly loved the collage of faces at the start and the difference at the end with their personalities shown. This was a great talking point as we pointed out the differences between the faces and how relevant that is.

Overall, we found that the story flowed very well from start to finish and it was easy for my 3 year old to follow it as the boy’s journey of self discovery progressed. Thoroughly enjoyed this book and I look forward to us reading it again. Thank you.

RussellB Thu 19-Oct-17 08:37:26

Received this book really quickly! It's colourful, bright, a good read and first class illustrations, highly recommend.

Namethecat Thu 19-Oct-17 08:46:30

This book was very well received by my 3 year old son, we both thought the cover was interesting and he couldn't wait to dive in. He was very vocal about the illustrations and enjoyed listening to the text and joining in where he could. Once we collected his 6 year old brother he was very keen for me to read it to both of them. We read it again at bedtime !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now