Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Find out what Mumsnetters thought of Wrong Place by Michelle Davies

(6 Posts)
SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Apr-17 17:33:39

Looking for your next crime fix? Then Wrong Place, critically acclaimed novelist Michelle Davies' new book, and the latest in our Crime and Thriller Book Club, is for you.

When a man fails in his attempt to kill his wife and then himself, DC Maggie Neville is assigned to be the wife's Family Liason Officer. But she soon begins to suspect that not everything is quite as it seems...

We ask all winners to share their thoughts about the book on this discussion thread. Everyone who gives detailed feedback on Wrong Place by midday Tuesday 13 June will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Love2shop voucher:

Obsessed with crime and thrillers? Get involved and find out what other books you could win in Mumsnet and Thin Blue Spine's Crime and Thriller Book Club.

This giveaway is sponsored by Thin Blue Spine crime writing blog

Book giveaways T&Cs apply

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 30-Apr-17 08:55:49

F.

Susangilley7 Sat 13-May-17 17:59:33

Just received my copy. Thank you. Taking it on holiday, it looks a good read.

LavenderDoll Thu 18-May-17 19:58:51

I have received and started reading. So far so good

susanterblanche Mon 22-May-17 13:38:57

Thank you so much for my copy! I really enjoyed the book and kept trying to sneak in a few minutes to keep reading! It is a stand alone, but I wish I had read 'Gone Astray' first, just for some background. I also think the description is a bit deceiving. I thought the story line was very interesting and kept me guessing. Thanks again, I will definitely be recommending the book to my friends :-)

FernieB Mon 22-May-17 16:03:41

Thanks so much for my copy. I hadn't read Gone Astray and although this book stands alone, I think it would have been helpful just for some background on some of the main characters, although I actually found the backstory about Maggie to be distracting from the crime story. The way the three crimes knit together in the end is cleverly and neatly done. An enjoyable read - great for round the pool on holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now