Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Find out what Mumsnetters thought of children's book The Incredible Dadventure

(7 Posts)
SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Apr-17 16:03:52

Introducing the first book in the hilarious new 'Dadventure' series - find out more about The Incredible Dadventure.

Holly's dad is an explorer which isn't as exciting as it sounds. He's always leaving her to go off on adventures but this time, he's planned a special quest for Holly herself to complete. She's got 10 days to complete 10 tasks - will she rise to the challenge?

We ask all giveaway winners to share their child's thoughts about the book on this discussion thread. Everyone who gives detailed feedback on The Incredible Dadventure by midday Monday 5 June will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Love2shop voucher:

This giveaway is sponsored by Piccadilly Press

Book giveaways T&Cs apply

Caillou Sun 28-May-17 07:59:20

I posted the review on the Amazon page as requested, do I need to let someone at mumsnet know under which name is my review posted? Thanks

Celama Mon 29-May-17 11:24:25

This promises to be a welcome new series of books for children with an engaging theme. My daughter enjoyed reading this saying it was exciting and it was a great idea and why couldn't her dad do that for her! I felt the upbeat style of writing appealed to children and that they could relate to it and I liked the familiar illustrations. I loved the idea about the birthday cards at the beginning too, thumbs up here for this book.

danson16 Mon 05-Jun-17 23:07:37

Thank you for letting us review this book. We thoroughly enjoyed reading it and my son found it fun and wanted to know what was going to happen. The illustrations are fun and the kids enjoyed looking at them. This is a great book and we would love to read more of this series.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 08-Jun-17 20:27:29

This is a great book. A really fun story. DD1 thought it was fun and was interested to keep reading. I liked the writing style. DD and I read it together. She would start reading and I would continue the story a bit longer. It was easy enough for her to read without being too basic. Definitely a book we'd recommend.

Imfinehowareyou Sat 10-Jun-17 19:32:19

Oh My Goodness - my DD aged 7 could not put this book down. We went on holiday and it didn't leave her side. This is the first chapter book she has read exclusively by herself and she was gripped. She could explain the plot to us in detail when asked and was thrilled to see that there were more books in this series. Thanks Mumsnet grin

agnapoop Tue 13-Jun-17 09:02:06

My daughter and I are halfway through this book. We love sitting down together, sharing the story, reading a page each. It is such a fun, interesting book and very well written. My daughter is 7 and I would say it had her interest from page 1. I found myself also enjoying reading it and look forward to our time together reading. Would definitely recommend this, you won't be dissapointed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now