Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Find out what Mumsnetters thought of Happy by Fearne Cotton

(44 Posts)
SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 13-Feb-17 17:37:15

We're gave away 50 copies of Happy, a guide to help you find joy in every day and let go of perfect.

Modern life is full of pressures - whether that's from work, family or social media - meaning we often we find ourselves frazzled, and sometimes - feeling blue. It's a subject close to Fearne's heart. Her new book Happy is full of daily tricks and reminders to help you start and end the day well, get in touch with your creative side and unlock that inner happiness.

We ask all winners to share their thoughts about the book on this discussion thread. However, you don't have to win a free book to take part in the discussion - you're welcome to grab a copy of Happy and post your detailed feedback.

Everyone who gives detailed feedback on the book by midday Monday 3 April will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Love2shop voucher:

This giveaway is sponsored by Orion

Book giveaways T&Cs apply

Mumofazoo Mon 13-Feb-17 17:43:12

I love the idea of this book.

HorseDentist Mon 13-Feb-17 17:48:08

Seriously lacking Happy over here. I'd love a copy to snuggle up with.

ScarlettDarling Mon 13-Feb-17 19:29:17

I could do with this book in my life!

jandoc Wed 22-Feb-17 13:01:14

my child hasn't read this one just yet

TracyKNixon Wed 22-Feb-17 13:10:46

The perfect book for anybody looking for a bit of inspiration or help along their personal journey. The illustrations gives it a gorgeous personal touch and the small tasks throughout the book really get the reader involved and focused on what they want to achieve by the end of the book. Fearne you're amazing.

badgermum Wed 22-Feb-17 13:54:40

This book is full of great advice to bring more 'happy' into our busy lives, I loved the hand drawn illustrations throughout this book and it's very easy to just pick up and put down many times

stewaris Wed 22-Feb-17 19:16:03

I felt this book was a bit patronising and condescending. Maybe I'm just one of these people who think you make your own happy and your own luck. I got half way through it and didn't finish it. Sorry.

beckyinman Wed 22-Feb-17 19:59:06

I expected this to be a bit preachy, but was actually very practical and realistic. Not the biggest fan of Fearne Cotton, but actually liked this

RACHELSMITH45 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:33:39

Very realisitic and good advice!

sbruin1122 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:40:56

I was given this one last week and I'm a big Fearne fan so knew I would like it and this one is a great read! Definitely recommend! Its an easy read and very calming. I've been reading bits and pieces over the last week and it does help you find the joy in every day!

phillie1 Thu 23-Feb-17 09:25:04

had this from the library, and has lots of useful tips, which I will be trying to implement

iut044 Thu 23-Feb-17 12:54:45

This books contain useful advice and very good tips .

ha2el Fri 24-Feb-17 14:33:21

I don't think that the book tells us anything new. However I thought that it was a good way to remind ourselves and reignite interest in looking after our spiritual and mental well being.

sweir1 Fri 24-Feb-17 19:43:46

This is full of great advice. Great read

cookie09 Sat 25-Feb-17 11:39:57

Such an incredible book. So easy to read and I love the little exercises and drawings/paintings. So lovely to hear someone in the public eye speak so honestly about there own mental health. What an inspiring and down to earth lady Fearne is!

Marg2k8 Sat 25-Feb-17 12:11:16

I haven't read it yet, but one to put on my 'must read' list.

Cailin7 Sun 26-Feb-17 12:57:07

This is well presented and very honest account from Fearne, however although I found it interesting and full of advice it is not for me in terms of returning to for help and inspiration.

jacqui5366 Mon 27-Feb-17 13:50:28

she gives some good advice, it is honest and after reading this book, I am thinking 'outside the box' and finding my spiritual self.

emmav6 Fri 03-Mar-17 12:48:00

some good tips but i can't see this reaching out to a lot of people.

hayleyjw29 Sat 04-Mar-17 15:48:24

sounds like a lovely book

AuntieH123 Sat 04-Mar-17 21:24:36

Sounds like I need this book

Yolandafarthing Sat 04-Mar-17 21:29:20

It's dreadful. I really don't know why she felt the need to bring it out other than making a quick buck.

user1488450268 Sun 05-Mar-17 10:46:12

I loved the happiness project by Gretchen Rubin, Hopefully this is similar

sophiefx Sun 05-Mar-17 15:55:49

I've always been a fan of Fearne Cotton so as soon as this had come out, I jumped at the opportunity to read it. I read this book in a few days on my commute to work, It was a very easy read and make me feel significantly better about myself every time I read a small section. Very positive and amazing advice/tips throughout, I can't fault it. Would definitely recommend to other people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now