Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Does anyone ever win the £100 LovetoShop vouchers??

(9 Posts)
Pebbles574 Wed 10-Aug-16 12:05:36

There seem to be loads of threads asking for book reviews with the promise of the chance to win a £100 LoveToShop voucher, but very few have a final response from Mumsnet about a winner?
e.g. The Missing Hours. Post your feedback by 9 May... still no announcement?

I wish the Book Giveaway threads were easier to navigate too - I keep clicking on threads and finding they ended ages ago. sad

voyager50 Wed 10-Aug-16 14:55:30

I wish they were easier to navigate too but it seems that even with old threads if someone adds a new comment they are pushed up near the top of the list again.

I think it's a shame the winners usernames aren't posted on the thread when they have won.

Ladylucky99 Wed 10-Aug-16 18:13:40

I agree! With any mumsnet reviews. I have spent so much time into reviews and wonder if I waste my time doing so many

CordeliaScott Thu 11-Aug-16 08:48:42

I know what you mean it does make me wonder if anyone ever wins as you also never see any comments from people saying they have won on these or the winners corner threads. Still it's nice to have a free book though...

Clawdy Thu 15-Sep-16 08:55:47

There was a real mess up with the book giveaway for Orphans of the Carnival, the date given for the ending was wrong, and made it look as though the giveaway had already ended. And the link didn't work either. Felt sorry for the writer, because not many people will have applied for a copy.

Theimpossiblegirl Fri 23-Sep-16 22:17:02

I'm sure people win, I just hope it isn't the people who wander on and make a random comment just to enter the draw. The 'We Were Liars' thread is an excellent example of this, people not even reading the OP, let alone the book!

voyager50 Fri 23-Sep-16 23:37:47

Maybe the vouchers are not won for each individual book giveaway - perhaps there is one winner per month or per quarter over all the giveaways?

I have been lucky enough to receive a few books and I really enjoy reading and reviewing them so that is enough of a win for me!

SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Sep-16 12:40:11

Hi all - just to let you know, we are taking your points on board. We used to post the winner's username on the discussion thread and will start doing this again! We do pick the winner at random out of the comments that are reviews of the book - we'll try to make this clearer in the OP. Thanks for your feedback x

FoxInABox Tue 27-Sep-16 09:26:05

I have won vouchers once for a review, I was over the moon as they came at the perfect time when my DDs needed new shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now