Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: The Missing Hours. Post your feedback by 9 May for chance to win £100 Love2Shop Voucher!

(58 Posts)
SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Mar-16 11:03:48

This month we bring you Emma Kavanagh, author of Hidden, Falling and her latest psychological thriller, The Missing Hours. To find out more about Emma, read her Q&A, and to apply for one of 50 free copies, go to the giveaway page.

One day Selena Cole mysteriously vanishes but reappears twenty hours later, safe and well but with no memory of what took place. What happened in those missing hours and are they linked to a nearby murder?

We've got 50 copies of The Missing Hours to give away to Mumsnetters to read and share their thoughts about it on this discussion thread. Go to the giveaway page to find out more and apply for a free copy.

You don't have to win a free copy to take part in the discussion. Anyone who has read The Missing Hours can post their feedback here, and all who post before 9 May will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Love2shop voucher.

Don't worry if you haven't finished reading. Feel free to drop in at whatever point you've got up to and give your fellow readers your first impressions about the story, characters, writing style.

This giveaway is sponsored by Cornerstone, Penguin Random House

catoritala Mon 21-Mar-16 19:29:29

I love to read and it is always good picking up something new by someone new. I'm intrigued already by the blurb. Can't wait to start reading.

alialiath Mon 21-Mar-16 20:51:15

I can't imagine what it's like to have ' missing hours' , but at a guess I'd be terrified, as it's a case of being scared of the unknown.

I've not read any of Emma Kavanagh books as yet, but The Missing Hours seems a good pllace to start,, as it sounds like a cracking read.

lisa021 Tue 22-Mar-16 06:02:26

Im really looking forwards to reading The Missing Hours, what an intriguing plot, it must be quite terrifying to not remember what you have done or where you have been - cant wait to read it, I love twisty turn thrillers

ShanghaiDiva Thu 31-Mar-16 12:07:14

Looking forward to this smile

SuperMumNot Mon 04-Apr-16 21:02:01

I found this a fascinating novel. I liked the way the stories are told through various viewpoints from different characters (this seems to be a trend in fiction at the moment?)

It's not really your typical thriller - it focuses more on the police activity and their investigations. The way the two stories intertwine is clever.
I enjoyed it!

doctorboo Sat 09-Apr-16 18:01:04

My copy was waiting for me this afternoon. Really looking forward to sitting down and diving in once the children are napping.

Clawdy Sun 10-Apr-16 09:29:25

My copy arrived yesterday, looks interesting, thanks!

useyourimagination Sun 10-Apr-16 11:22:08

Just got my copy yesterday - guess what I'm reading today smile

Mominmamma Tue 12-Apr-16 14:52:00

I am really enjoying reading this book. The short sharp chapters each with their own character's viewpoint move the plot on swiftly but not at the expense of what feels like a brooding backdrop.

RoastieToastieReastie Tue 12-Apr-16 16:07:49

Thank you mn for this, I'm 150 pages in so far and am enjoying. I like how the story is told from different viewpoints and chapters are short so I can pick it up and read a few pages when I get a moment without feeling like I need to read a huge heavy chapter. I can see links and connections happening and am looking forward to seeing how they all come together. Will post back when I finish.

juleslucas Tue 12-Apr-16 16:55:04

Received this book on Saturday and like others here I am so far enjoying it. I find the structure of the book good, the different viewpoints with each chapter and I am intrigued as to the outcome. All in all a great read so far.

allthingsred Tue 12-Apr-16 17:18:28

Really enjoying this book so far.
Has others have said the short chapters & different viewpoints help to keep me reading, but there not necessary as the story is holding my attention by itself.
I'm around halfway so will post again with a more complete review when I finish. But so far 👍👍

CryHavoc Tue 12-Apr-16 17:20:02

My copy has arrived. Looking forward to reading it.

tuppenceabag Tue 12-Apr-16 19:00:48

Mine has come too: I'm going to finish the book I'm reading and get get right into this one!

SciFiFan Tue 12-Apr-16 19:27:10

Just received my copy and am keen to get started...looks intriguing especially given the author's past as a police psychologist.

StealthPolarBear Tue 12-Apr-16 19:28:44

Am I too late to say I'd love a copy of this?

Clawdy Tue 12-Apr-16 20:43:48

I am nearly half way through and finding it intriguing, although the war storylines don't interest me as much as the domestic dramas. The kidnap/ransom bits were an eye opener, I realise I know so little about that.

loo123 Tue 12-Apr-16 21:22:20

Just started reading this today I think it is really interesting so far!

Wings77 Tue 12-Apr-16 22:04:59

Thank you for my copy of this book which I have just finished reading today. Having read and greatly enjoyed Emma Kavanagh's previous two books, I could not wait to start on 'The Missing Hours'. It did not disappoint! The book deals with a subject which I did not really know existed, is gripping throughout, and has a great final twist. It is hugely recommended. I am a massive fan of Emma Kavanagh's books and I cannot wait until her next one. smile

girlsmum Tue 12-Apr-16 22:19:39

Thank you for my copy.....am off to bed to read..

AnonymousBird Wed 13-Apr-16 12:22:23

Mine arrived a couple of days ago, many thanks. I need to finish my book club book, then it's next up!

Kelloges0811 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:41:23

Recently received my free copy, just half way into my current book an this will be my next one to read. Thanks Mumsnet

jonniesmum Thu 14-Apr-16 11:25:42

Just started this book and loving it. Think this is going to be a good 'un!

lesley37 Fri 15-Apr-16 09:38:43

Started reading a couple of days ago and am well hooked, this is a fast paced gritty thriller that is easy to read and hard to put down,I am loving everything about it. Thank you for sending me a copy,I will passing it on to my Husband, who I am sure will also enjoy it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now