Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Where's Wally? The Colouring Book. Post your feedback by 2 May for chance to win £100 Love2Shop Voucher!

(43 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Mar-16 12:28:52

This month we are delighted to bring you Where's Wally? The Colouring Book. This is the first time Where's Wally? has been in colouring book form, ready for you to bring life to all the iconic characters. What’s more, there are hundreds of bonus items to search for as you colour.

With specially designed paper and sturdy cover, the Where’s Wally? colouring book can be enjoyed by artists of all ages. Hours, days, and weeks of creative fun for all the family await!

We've got 50 copies of Where's Wally? The Colouring Book to give away to Mumsnetters who want to try it out and tell us what they think about it on this discussion thread. Go to the giveaway page to find out more and
apply for a free copy.

You don’t have to win a free copy to take part in the discussion. Anyone who has already got Where's Wally? The Colouring Book can post their feedback here, and all who post before 2 May will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Love2Shop voucher.

This giveaway is sponsored by Walker Books

velocitygir1 Wed 16-Mar-16 22:36:00

Awesome myself and my kids would love this-I grew up with wally as did they! Holds lots of memories for me.

MummyBtothree Thu 17-Mar-16 18:48:07

Oooh this looks fab grin

fridaykitten Fri 18-Mar-16 20:18:07

Fabulous - this would be a great activity for me and my daughter to do together.

Kelloges0811 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:38:20

Fab prize giveaway, we are all arts and crafts and Where's Wally fans here.

Mozarmstrong Mon 21-Mar-16 18:28:33

Absolutely brilliant book. The scope of colouring and interest makes Wally the best . Creativity is alive in this book .

sheiladore1 Fri 01-Apr-16 16:19:48

Wow what a superb book .many many thanks

lorka Sat 02-Apr-16 14:59:01

A quality colouring book with lots of details and fun pictures to colour. My daughter loves it and will have hours of fun colouring it in. Thanks for sending it to us. smile

Lovewatchingrainfall Sat 02-Apr-16 15:11:51

Omg this looks amazing.

lindarumsey Sun 03-Apr-16 12:10:34

My daughter is thrilled with this book. Good quality paper and very detailed drawings. She has already had hours of fun colouring in and finding objects!

Sarah3kids Sun 03-Apr-16 13:27:01

Thanks for my "Where's Wally" colouring book - it's fab, love the plasticated cover - because it is the sort of thing done at the table - where things get spilt, or put upon!! We have already skimmed through looking for Wally - it's going to be a great book to take out and about as it is multi-functional, will certainly be recommending it to friends & family.

cather Sun 03-Apr-16 20:29:14

My son was thrilled when we received this book on Friday. It was perfect timing for the Easter holidays and he has been busy colouring all weekend! The paper is good quality and easy to colour and he has enjoyed searching for Wally. An excellent book that will bring hours of fun to children

Cagliostro Sun 03-Apr-16 20:37:32

Oh damn, I missed this! Will look it up for my DCs though - they love Wally just like I did at their age smile

Kriek Sun 03-Apr-16 20:52:19

My DCs were so excited to see this when it arrived. I began to colour it in alone but after a short amount of time on each page they wanted to help! It is such a fun book. I can definitely see myself buying another copy to give as a gift. smile

We are real Where's Wally fans in this house and they loved the joy of finding and colouring Wally and his friends.

Thanks for picking us.

SarahWB Mon 04-Apr-16 14:20:58

Received ours on Friday, thank you. My daughter (age 7) and I enjoyed starting to colour it in. Will provide hours of fun!!

shewhomustbeEbayed Mon 04-Apr-16 17:53:32

Ours has just arrived, I and my 12 yo DD love it as it starts with easier pictures at the beginning to break us in gently and they get more complicated as the book progresses. We can each work on part of the double page at the same time. She has already asked if she can take it round to her 9 yo friend so they can work on it together, thank you.

DENISE7 Mon 04-Apr-16 17:56:59

Great for my grandson to colour in, if he can get it off me for a start.

RuthCart Mon 04-Apr-16 18:00:38

My boys love wheres wally and they were delighted when I gave them the colouring book. Its kept them quiet over the wet Easter holidays!

themumfrombrum Mon 04-Apr-16 18:05:36

Thank you for my copy! I genuinely can't wait to get stuck into this, I can see my son's nap times being completely eaten up by me colouring in! I might even treat myself to some new pens to get into the tiny bits!

TheCookingMonster Mon 04-Apr-16 18:07:56

Thank you so much for this copy of the Where's Wally colouring book! My 10 yo son opened it and said brilliant and sat down to start colouring! It's a lovely book - colourful front cover - oodles of colouring pages with the added bonus of trying to find wally. It's a hit with us and would certainly purchase this for a child's birthday gift.

FoxInABox Mon 04-Apr-16 18:18:38

Received me copy thank you- I think this looks fantastic! Just like the books except you get to colour them in. Lovely and glossy cover with really good quality paper too. It would make a perfect present for any where's wally fan.

RoastieToastieReastie Mon 04-Apr-16 18:55:16

Received this from mn too (thank you mn). Feedback on it is it's fab. Lovely large size, glossy front cover and DD is enjoying colouring it in. She's 5 so it's probably a bit too detailed for her (hasn't stopped her having fun colouring it though) but I think I'm enjoying colouring it more than her blush and we've been doing it together. Would definitely recommend and buy in future for birthday gift.

tobron Mon 04-Apr-16 19:35:29

great,they love it thank you

Kezziek Mon 04-Apr-16 19:38:56

Love the where's wally colouring book, looks like there will be hours and hours of fun with it. Really nice design and plenty of different scenes. Thank you Mumsnet.

FeelingSmurfy Mon 04-Apr-16 20:15:00

Thankyou for sending us a copy MN!

First job was to find wally on each page (in the chaos that happened when they saw it, they didn't notice it was a colouring book and were rather surprised by the lack of colour! grin )

Once wally had been located it was deciding on a picture, I didn't colour with them so that they could have half of the book each. They have started at the front and wally is only to be coloured once the whole book is finished shock this held their concentration a lot more than any other colouring book, it seemed more acceptable than the rest too, even the adult ones I use.

I did a bit of colouring when the house was quiet and enjoyed getting to design outfits for everyone, and not using the same colour for 20 minutes at a time as I would with my normal adult colouring books

Big hit in this household

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now