Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Imaginary Fred by Eoin Colfer and Oliver Jeffers

(16 Posts)
UrsulaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Oct-15 12:16:35

Sometimes, with a little electricity, or luck, or even magic, an imaginary friend might appear when you need one. An imaginary friend like Fred...

Fred floated like a feather in the wind until a lonely little boy wished for him and found a friendship like no other.

The perfect chemistry between Eoin Colfer's text and Oliver Jeffers' artwork make for a dazzlingly original book.

We've got 50 copies of this fantastic collaboration between Irish Children's Laureate and Artemis Fowl author, Eoin Colfer and popular illustrator Oliver Jeffers to give away.

To find out more and apply for your copy, visit the giveaway page.

Remember that if you are lucky enough to receive one of the 50 books, we do kindly ask that you write us a review or join the discussion below.

This giveaway is sponsored by Harper Collins

snowymum12 Mon 02-Nov-15 07:54:15

Our copy of Imaginary Fred has been read pretty much every evening for the past week. It's a lovely (if not a little tear jerking) story. Thanks so much for our copy, Mumsnet!

Pickofthepops Mon 02-Nov-15 12:49:50

Hi should we have received our copy yet? Thanks

countingdown Tue 03-Nov-15 09:57:09

Thank you so much for our copy of this book. My children (aged 7 and 5) really enjoyed it - it's been quite some time since a picture book captured their attention so much. Beautifully illustrated and a lovely story.

Cmoore7351 Sat 07-Nov-15 08:57:44

Hi there I haven't received my copy yet and my girls are desperate to read it. Will it arrive soon?
Kind regards

Honion Mon 16-Nov-15 11:12:04

This is such a lovely book. Captivated me as much as my 4 year old. The artwork is super too. My 9 year old daughter loved it aswell. Would definitely recommend it if you haven't come across it.

sheiladore1 Mon 16-Nov-15 11:43:39

Thankyou so much for a delightful book,ive read it,and its great
Will give it to my 6 yr old grandaughter whose birthday is very soon
many thanks again

Greensmurf1 Mon 16-Nov-15 12:03:01

DH and I have enjoyed reading imaginary Fred to DD age 3. The first time I read it to her, she fell asleep before we finished, which is a good result for bedtime. The next time we read the story to her, it held her attention. She's still enjoying Oliver Jeffer's Lost and Found and his other books with less text, so Fred is a story that I think she will grow into. She's only just learning about friendships- real and imaginary.

PickledLilly Mon 16-Nov-15 20:04:45

Finally received my copy yesterday (it had to be resent as the first one never arrived). Sadly my daughter didn't seem very taken with it, I think I would recommend this book for a 5+ age group as my pre-school child seemed a bit disinterested in it and it is a little long for a toddler with a short attention span. It is a nice story about friendship though so would probably be enjoyed by older children.

Pickofthepops Thu 19-Nov-15 22:07:34

Received my sons copy, thanks, first had not arrived. Very worth the wait - he is nearly eight and really enjoyed it, as did I. A lovely tale, great cover I think, and the illustrations make it really beautiful. This one will be on his shelf for years as a favourite. We love the words 'friendship is friendship, imaginary or not.. The same laws apply'. Would be useful for supporting a child with an imaginary friend. Thanks again for the copy :-)

princessgray Sat 21-Nov-15 14:00:03

This is a really delightful book. The illustrations are great and the story is an absolute joy. Thank you.

millililli Mon 23-Nov-15 21:54:39

Thank you for the book. I wasn't sure at first who the story was aimed at, as the text is quite sophisticated and probably too long for younger children.
Those who still enjoy picture books but are able to read confidently, however, will appreciate the subtle humour and pared down illustrations, as will parents reading to their children. It's a book which may not instantly reveal itself but may need a few readings to fully appreciate its subtleties.

WowOoo Sun 29-Nov-15 10:04:21

Thank you for this book and I'm very sorry to be late reviewing it.

My son loved it and we'll read it again and again. We both love the pictures, design, illustrations and characters.

It's great to see two well respected authors on the cover. It's a lovely story which can be read on many levels depending on the age of the reader.

My son liked the fact that imagination was celebrated and not made fun of. He has a vivid imagination and this book is saying it's a fabulous thing. It's also about changing friendships. So many things to discuss at bedtime! Thanks again.

MamaMummyMum Tue 01-Dec-15 06:26:34

We were late receiving this book but were so pleased when it was finally received. Oliver Jeffers is an author we absolutely love in this house and this story certainly didn't disappoint. My 5 year old was the most captured by it but my eldest daughter to great pleasure in reading this to her younger sisters as well. A brilliant way of showing just how valuable our imaginations are. Thank you for our copy.

hlc123 Mon 07-Dec-15 21:34:38

Thanks so much for our copy of the book. My 8 year old daughter thought this book was''awesome!' She was able to empathise with the characters and felt that the illustrations really bought the story to life.

Sodabread Tue 08-Dec-15 03:59:18

Agree it's probably a little old for my DD who is almost three. The pictures did not quite captivate her attention yet either, but we ll keep it and i am sure she will enjoy it later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now