Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book Giveaway: Coming Home

(18 Posts)
EmilyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Jun-15 14:18:01

Evie has been away from home long enough to bury the pain that shaped her childhood. Now, with the sudden death of her father, she must return. Back to the same house. Back to the memories. Back to her mother.

Going through her father's files, Evie uncovers a secret that opens old wounds and changes her life forever. A powerful, poignant novel, Coming Home is perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult and Liane Moriarty, and we’ve got 50 copies to giveaway this week.

Click here to find out more about the book and apply for your free copy.

Please don't forget that if you're lucky enough to win a free copy of Coming Home, we do ask that you tell us what you thought about it on the thread below, or write a review here.

countingto10 Tue 07-Jul-15 12:29:30

Received my copy today, looks good, will start it when I've finished current book.

Thanks Mumsnet

moojay Wed 08-Jul-15 14:12:46

Just received my copy! Tea and hobnobs at the ready!

Simatmum Mon 20-Jul-15 01:11:54

I thoroughly enjoyed Coming Home and didn't anticipate the twists in the story. Far from being ignorant of all her deceased husband had been involved in, the revelation that the mother not only knew but had found a way to punish him added a sinister edge to the plot. A meaty read and I will be looking out for more novels by this author.

ImperialBlether Mon 20-Jul-15 01:42:06

Oh me please!

PresidentTwonk Mon 20-Jul-15 01:57:01

That sounds interesting! I'd love to review it!

lalamumto3 Wed 22-Jul-15 09:07:45

Thank you for my copy of the book. I have posted a review.
I initially did not like the book as I tend not to read anything involving the death of a child. However once I had moved past that I really enjoyed the book and especially liked the twist at the end.

countingto10 Sun 26-Jul-15 18:26:27

Just finished the book. Really enjoyed it, easy to read with likeable characters and interesting storyline. A good holiday book.

FawnDrench Wed 29-Jul-15 19:15:29

Thanks for my copy of this entertaining and twist-fuelled book.
I quite enjoyed it but found a few parts of the story not very credible and therefore as a whole the book didn't really appeal to me that much.

However I thought it was generally well written and quite intriguingly plotted, and I must say I did enjoy being surprised and taken aback at some of the more believable unexpected twists and turns.

Moojay Fri 31-Jul-15 08:38:40

Really enjoyed the book.
Loved all of the plot twists and the way the book was written in general. Would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wanted a good, gripping book with a bit of cheeky drama in it!
Thanks so much to mumsnet for giving me the opportunity to read it!

Notthecarwashagain Fri 31-Jul-15 11:49:57

I really struggled to stay with this. I disliked Evie and her somewhat 'boasty' tone, which made it hard for me to keep reading!

That being said, it is a brilliant storyline, and a very interesting read.

Thanks for my copy! smile

ohlittlepea Sat 08-Aug-15 20:19:27

I enjoyed the book, although I didn't find evie likeable as a character th plot twists really impressed me. Thank you for the book!

milliemoon Sun 09-Aug-15 19:39:26

I have just finished this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt one strand wasn't tied up- that of the moms confusion, but found this a really enjoyable and gripping book and didn't foresee the twists. Will definitely look out for the authors future publications

Reastie Fri 04-Sep-15 14:46:43

I saw most of the twists coming beforehand so the twists didn't really do it for me. I expected this book to be more about loss and emotions around this but it was actually predominantly about uncovering secrets. It was very readable and a nice light read, but I found it too predictable to truly be engrossed in.

aristocat Mon 07-Sep-15 23:19:44

sad Just had an email asking for my review. I am sorry that I have not posted before but the book didn't arrive and I had completely forgotten about it.

Apologies for not informing MNHQ.

mjmooseface Tue 22-Sep-15 18:27:01

Ah, I forgot to put the disclaimer on my review because I did it ages ago when I couldn't find this thread!

Like others have said, I predicted all of the twists bar the last one and so it was hard to read knowing how it was all going to play out but that also meant it was a light read that didn't require a lot of thought. A good effort!

Bigcuppateacuresall Mon 12-Oct-15 19:21:29

Thank you for sending me the book, sorry it took so long but I have only just had time to read.

Really enjoyed this, the story was well written and easy to get into after a busy day. Did not see the twists at the end coming which meant the story was more enjoyable. Although Evie was annoying in some parts of the book, you could understand why and towards the end I was hoping she would get a happy ending.

Will definitely look out for more books by this author as I found it a light, entertaining read that took my mind off a busy working day.

mgrass Wed 28-Oct-15 22:35:05

I was fortunate enough to receive this book in an online giveaway.
Characters are well portrayed and interesting and the story is based around the main character, Evie, who leaves her life in Dubai to return to England following the death of her father. What emerges thereafter are unexpected family secrets - a huge understatement.
While the pace was a little slow at the beginning, there are many twists and turns in the plot, and the story develops into a gripping ’unputdownable’ novel that will keep you guessing right to the end.
I look forward to more from Annabel Kantaria.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now