Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Julius Zebra

(10 Posts)
TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 13-Apr-15 11:11:32

Madagascar meets Gladiator in Julius Zebra: Rumble with the Romans – an action-packed illustrated chapter book series, set in Roman times. We featured Julius Zebra in our list of best new books for 5-8 year olds this spring and now we're giving away 25 copies of this hilarious adventure. Click here to find out more and apply for a free copy.

Don't forget if you're lucky enough to receive a free copy, we do ask that you tell us what you think about the book on this thread or in our Books review section

This giveaway is sponsored by Walker Books

TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 22-Apr-15 14:44:04

This giveaway has now closed thanks to everyone who applied. We'll be in touch with the winners shortly. Tina (MNHQ)

cornflakegirl Sat 09-May-15 17:40:30

Our copy arrived yesterday - thank you. Will report back when we've read it.

clopper Sun 10-May-15 20:03:37

A great book, thank you. I've put my review in the book review section.

missorinoco Mon 11-May-15 19:43:11

Thank you for our copy. I like the mixture of prose, in combination with short paragraphs under pictures, which is great for children of this age.
I have posted my review before we have finished it as DC thought this was va book she would like to read herself, which is another bonus for it.

I will post again when we have finished it.

yummum120 Tue 19-May-15 20:05:32

Thank you for our copy of the book. I have posted a review in the review section

lnim2013 Mon 01-Jun-15 15:03:30

Thank you for our copy of this book. My partner's 10 year old daughter started reading this when she visited this weekend and she was enjoying it so much that she decided she wanted to read to us, and her 5 year old brother, at bed time. I love that it has now become a book that we are reading as a family and we are all enjoying the story so far smile

lnim2013 Mon 01-Jun-15 15:03:53

Thank you for our copy of this book. My partner's 10 year old daughter started reading this when she visited this weekend and she was enjoying it so much that she decided she wanted to read to us, and her 5 year old brother, at bed time. I love that it has now become a book that we are reading as a family and we are all enjoying the story so far smile

lnim2013 Mon 01-Jun-15 15:06:38

cornflakegirl Sat 20-Jun-15 16:58:50

Thank you for this book. DS1 (10) has read it all, and DS2 (5) and I are about halfway through as our bedtime reading.
DS1 enjoyed the book.
DS2 says he likes the book, but he doesn't choose it as his story every evening. He likes the little cartoons that are dotted through the text. I liked the book initially, but I'm finding that the story drags a little in places, when the characters spend too long talking rather than doing. It feels like the author is overly keen to share the research they've done on Roman gladiators. I'm hoping it picks up soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now